1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need ya feedback!!!

How does the K run in the EG?
Does anyone have Videos?
Anyone In The New York area with the Swap??
When you drive does it feel different the motor is on the passenger side???
I like to see pics!!???
How much did the swap run ya???
I got the complete swap all i need is the mounts,wireharness,axles!!
Can some1 send me a link to the hassport site so i can get the EG mounts!!???

I have a EG with a B18C1(GS-R).

·
My other car is a S2000
185 Posts
hybrid racing has a special combo price on their wire-harness and engine mounts.

I have no experience with their mounts, but their harness was top-notch. Great price on that combo btw.

I think the site is www.hybrid-racing.com

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
if i were you i would totally stick to the HASPORT stuff... their stuff is the best and there is nothign mickey moused like the *other* brand companies. just go to hasport.com and call them up and order it and they will take care of you..... if you want, i will email you the video i have of my 12.6 run........ its a k20a2 bone freaken stock with bone stock suspension....untuned... just PM me and i can help you out with whatevers....... i have a million pictures and also have a whole article on how to do a k20 swap in our OverRev Magazine which will hopefully be posted soon on k20a.org if i get the permission from Nikos !

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
hybrid racing said:
Could you elaborate on the "mickey moused" parts?
Yeah what he said I run hybrid racing engine mounts in my eg...My buddy Rina runs Hasport...Both great mounts...The main physical difference is the hybrid racing mounts are full billet construction... no black brackets but Ive seen both they are both great to me...Now other brands I have no Idea I have only been around the two stated mount kits... :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
I take offence to that.. I'm a giant chicken not Mickey mouse...

I think when you claim Hasport had the best kit you forgot about the fact that all there swaps have been snapping axles.. that there are a few of us with so-called Mickey mouse that are going as fast if not faster that alot of the Hasport kitted cars..

You cant jump on the bandwagon before the train coming along speeds up.. There are alot of people developing stuff..

I could say between me and Nikos that we could take over the K20 Hybrid market.. Me with a kit that requires only Honda engine mounts and Honda axles, factory radiator, factorty fuel rails, blah blah blah.. there was only about 2 parts we fab'd in my car.. I am also confident in saying the company that produced and modified my ECU, which I can add was running before the Hondata K-Pro was released is also making a self programming Plug In ECU for the DC5 and K20 hybrids...

I can also say with Respect to Hasport, Hybrid Racing, Avid racing and the other companies doing Conversion kits that me being on the other side of the world is to much of a hassle to make and sell the kits.. Although I could replecate them and send them to Prototype Racing or someone like that to make...

But ask yourself what kit would you buy.. the kit that you already had 90% of the parts for or the kit you had 50% of the parts for... Its easy to sell people stuff they don't really need without them knowing any better...

·
Registered
565 Posts
On the ECU there is a port which inables you to tune the computer.. on the New link they are trying to incoparte a programme to allow it to loop its self so it will programme itself.. Imagine being able to run on a dyno or on the road and have the computer run through every cam angle and fuel and ignition timing sequence.. Now to do the as a human and in programming time well thats alot of dyno time you through out of the wallet, but for a computer to do it itself well lets say it might take a tops of 5mins per 1000rpm.. imagine the perfect tune in less than 1hr on the dyno...
As for the realease date, well lets say due to a couple of small technical hassles it has been delayed.. I will know when it is being released or at least before its released as I am going to be a test subject for the ECU...

To answer the original post of this thread and the PM I received..

I would say that both Hybrid Racing and Hasport make good kits, I beleive that they both have had minor issues with a couple of cars but nothing major.. As far as axles go well lets say I have seen and heard alot mopre of axles breaking with the Hasport Kits than the Hybrid Racing kits, although that might be the application of the cars more so than the kits...
Personally to make a choice for one over the other look at the prices, what you get for that price.. and ring the guys up and ask about there service if there is any hassles.. I read on a post about a few axles that dont fit, will they replace them until the problem is sorted...Ask little things like that..
Deal with the guy you like to talk to the most.. at the end of the day that is really the only difference in the products... both kits will mount a K20 into another car, both will run and drive great.. Make the choice on cost and which you feel gives you the best value for money.. If you are going to put your car in shows even look at which has the nicer looking mounts... Ask for a couple of photos of swapped car so you can compare them little things like that...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Dude, don't get sucked into the hype about hasport. mounts are mounts. i actually have one of the first sets of mounts that were made by K20EG before all the drama between that dude and hybrid. my car drives perfect,its just without all the bling. I paid 240.00 for axles at the local axle shop and they havent broke yet. Just because someone has a bigger name doesn't always mean its that much better.Usually a reason to charge more for their products.stay off the bandwagon,do your homework and use the money you can save for other performance parts you can enjoy. I dont even have K-pro yet,my motor is stock with just a cheap intake,Hytech header,stock ecu,and 80 shot direct port kit i bought for 300.00

It made 313whp and 266ft-lbs of torque. hope this helps

·
Registered
328 Posts
non vtec said:
On the ECU there is a port which inables you to tune the computer.. on the New link they are trying to incoparte a programme to allow it to loop its self so it will programme itself.. Imagine being able to run on a dyno or on the road and have the computer run through every cam angle and fuel and ignition timing sequence.. Now to do the as a human and in programming time well thats alot of dyno time you through out of the wallet, but for a computer to do it itself well lets say it might take a tops of 5mins per 1000rpm.. imagine the perfect tune in less than 1hr on the dyno...
As for the realease date, well lets say due to a couple of small technical hassles it has been delayed.. I will know when it is being released or at least before its released as I am going to be a test subject for the ECU...

To answer the original post of this thread and the PM I received..

I would say that both Hybrid Racing and Hasport make good kits, I beleive that they both have had minor issues with a couple of cars but nothing major.. As far as axles go well lets say I have seen and heard alot mopre of axles breaking with the Hasport Kits than the Hybrid Racing kits, although that might be the application of the cars more so than the kits...
Personally to make a choice for one over the other look at the prices, what you get for that price.. and ring the guys up and ask about there service if there is any hassles.. I read on a post about a few axles that dont fit, will they replace them until the problem is sorted...Ask little things like that..
Deal with the guy you like to talk to the most.. at the end of the day that is really the only difference in the products... both kits will mount a K20 into another car, both will run and drive great.. Make the choice on cost and which you feel gives you the best value for money.. If you are going to put your car in shows even look at which has the nicer looking mounts... Ask for a couple of photos of swapped car so you can compare them little things like that...

sorry to bring this back from the dead but is that any new news on this ecu?

I was just reading through old posts trying to learn and came upon this and it caught my attention

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
bambbrose said:
sorry to bring this back from the dead but is that any new news on this ecu?

I was just reading through old posts trying to learn and came upon this and it caught my attention
I knew I had read this thread befor...

bump for a self programming computer :up:

·
Registered
678 Posts
hey 2xinteg. maybe u should have a brain to think before start posting junk, i would recommend, read before u type

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.