Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha!

I am currently a senior in high school here in state of Hawaii, and after i graduate i was planning to move to California to attend College, and I am currently having a K20z3, purchased from a close friends 2008 Civic Si, swapped into my 1996 Civic Hatchback, and i understand that there is the required smog check and there are also the BAR engine swap rules and laws, and just wanted to know if there was anyone who lives in Southern California who could help me out, so when i do move for school, i can bring my car with me! Anything helps.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Honestly, you're best off selling the car in Hawaii because it'll be nothing but trouble in California. There are huge fines here regarding shops "helping" people to pass, so it's highly unlikely that they can help. Impossible, no, unlikely, definitely.

[edit] Also, you're going to lose money twice: once to have it shipped here, and again when you try and sell a car that can't pass smog. The financial hit will be huge.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
9,465 Posts
Honestly, you're best off selling the car in Hawaii because it'll be nothing but trouble in California. There are huge fines here regarding shops "helping" people to pass, so it's highly unlikely that they can help. Impossible, no, unlikely, definitely
I agree with kb58.

When I was a student every penny did count, as it did reduce the amount of time I was occupied with working for money to finance the my studies. I had more time for joining special groups, special research tasks, generally things of more personal win. It was a very exiting and lively time I wouldn't like to miss. Now, having a job, wife and kids there is less time for that kind of stuff. Out of that, money giving you the freedom to do what you like in a time where money is likely limiting your freedom.

:twocents:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.