Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, a friend is doing a K20 swap into his Lotus Elise witha K20Z4 (euro FN2 ctr) and the issue is the drive-by-wire nonsense. His Elise does not have drive by wire, and it would be a lot better to have cable instead.

So the simple question is, how do we go about converting to cable throttle on this engine??
It's gotta be doable since there are Itb's out there for the fn2....

Any help mightily appreciated!! ;)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Maybe a RBC adaptor and a regular TB.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep we have those figured out, the question is the wiring harness: can we hook up the K20A2 TB using the FN2 harness / sensors????
Do we need to modify the FN2 (same as K20Z3) harness?

(we did get a 2001-05 typeS engine harness, but the sensors are different and it won't work :( )

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that's what we wanted to do all along. I do have the engine harness from a 2004 typeR (we're in Europe).

But some of the connectors on the harness don't match those present on the K20Z4 engine. They are just different, so what do we need to do... ???

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Thanks, that's what we wanted to do all along. I do have the engine harness from a 2004 typeR (we're in Europe).

But some of the connectors on the harness don't match those present on the K20Z4 engine. They are just different, so what do we need to do... ???
Excellent... When using the 02-04 K20A harness you will need to change the crank sensor and oil pressure sender on the K20Z4 engine.
All the other plugs on the harness should plug to the K20Z4 engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Excellent... When using the 02-04 K20A harness you will need to change the crank sensor and oil pressure sender on the K20Z4 engine.
All the other plugs on the harness should plug to the K20Z4 engine.
hmm, seems that I might put myself in similar situation, I have a good deal on K20Z4 with harness but without ECU, other guy has ECU but both of them don't have IMMOBILIZER & KEYLESS UNIT and KEY COMP, IMMOBILIZER & TRANSMITTER. (if I'm unclear those units are shown here) http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SMR701&block_02=B__1101&block_03=10033 I was digging a bit, and it seems that other Civics also use same parts, here is example for 1.8 engine http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SMG901&block_02=B__1101&block_03=16692 exactly same part numbers for K20Z4 and 1.8 engine.

The other way is to use harness, key, immo, etc from K20A2, and replace those two senders. I can get harness, ECU, immo, key, and everything what I need for K20A2 for about 300$.

They question is, is it a point of collecting all those missing parts from different cars and try to put them together, or maybe it might be easier to convert harness into 02-04 K20A2 type. Any ideas?

Seb

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Hi there, a friend is doing a K20 swap into his Lotus Elise witha K20Z4 (euro FN2 ctr) and the issue is the drive-by-wire nonsense. His Elise does not have drive by wire, and it would be a lot better to have cable instead.

So the simple question is, how do we go about converting to cable throttle on this engine??
It's gotta be doable since there are Itb's out there for the fn2....

Any help mightily appreciated!! ;)
So, your friend doesn't like the Toyota engine? Not surprised. Honda > Toyota. :D
Lotus should have used a Honda engine in the first place. Good luck with the swap! :up:

·
duct tape and zip ties
9,189 Posts
couldnt you just repin the 02-04 harness to accep the k20z4 engine sensors as people do for the k24's here in the states?
I know countless people that just repin a k20a2 harness to the k24a1 crank sensor.
few people today were talking about not even running a knock sensor for many years.
I realize you guys are in europe and I honestly dont know all your different engines and codes sorry, it was the easiest way for me explain using US engine codes.
edit- FUUUUU old thread my bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts