Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to swap my 1990 Legend engine out with an RSX Type-S engine. I would have the engine,transmission,shift linkage,ecu, etc. But i am wondering how hard would it be to swap, or even is it possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K20a Legend

I thank everybody for replying. I lost the bid on ebay it went up to 4000 at the last min, but i still love love my Legend as most Honda/Acura owners do. I truly believe that Honda's manufactured in Japan of course are the most inspirings cars on earth.

·
Registered
31 Posts
C-Zero said:
Hasport will have a generic kit.
A generic kit huh? You sure about that? You can't have generic motor mount kits because each application is a specific application. That's just my two cents on that. However, on the topic of swapping a K20 into your Legend, I think it's a waste of time and money. For one thing, the legend is a heavy car already. You will be bogged down with a lot of problems. The reason why the Legend came with the engine that it did was because it had torque to get it going (due to the heavy weight of the car). Notice also that it has a much longer wheel base. That will pose another problem. Come on...just think about it. It's pointless. You are wasting a perfectly good swap on a legend. If you want, you should do a C32 swap. Now that would be a swap to do with your legend. If you don't know, a C32B is the engine found in the NSX. But you know what? Just be practical and get your self a different car if you want to do a K20 swap. Personally? I'd go with the EK or EG.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
DOHCVtecNut said:
C-Zero said:
Hasport will have a generic kit.
A generic kit huh? You sure about that? You can't have generic motor mount kits because each application is a specific application. That's just my two cents on that. However, on the topic of swapping a K20 into your Legend, I think it's a waste of time and money. For one thing, the legend is a heavy car already. You will be bogged down with a lot of problems. The reason why the Legend came with the engine that it did was because it had torque to get it going (due to the heavy weight of the car). Notice also that it has a much longer wheel base. That will pose another problem. Come on...just think about it. It's pointless. You are wasting a perfectly good swap on a legend. If you want, you should do a C32 swap. Now that would be a swap to do with your legend. If you don't know, a C32B is the engine found in the NSX. But you know what? Just be practical and get your self a different car if you want to do a K20 swap. Personally? I'd go with the EK or EG.

I just wanted to let him know, I dont like them anyway.

·
Registered
599 Posts
DOHCVtecNut said:
A generic kit huh? You sure about that? You can't have generic motor mount kits because each application is a specific application. That's just my two cents on that....
Yes we are going to release a generic weld-in mount kit for K-series engines. The reason is because we can't make one for every specific application. There will be some cutting and welding required.

As for the original question, don't bother doing the swap unless you use a modified K24, the K20 couldn't haul a Legend around. I realize that it's always easiest to use the car you own, but I think there are better choices of chassis.

brian g

·
Registered
31 Posts
brian g said:
DOHCVtecNut said:
A generic kit huh? You sure about that? You can't have generic motor mount kits because each application is a specific application. That's just my two cents on that....
Yes we are going to release a generic weld-in mount kit for K-series engines. The reason is because we can't make one for every specific application. There will be some cutting and welding required.

As for the original question, don't bother doing the swap unless you use a modified K24, the K20 couldn't haul a Legend around. I realize that it's always easiest to use the car you own, but I think there are better choices of chassis.

brian g
There you go...kind of what I said but more concise. Except the part about the modified K24. But yeah...don't bother with that either. You're better off going with a civic chassis or an integra chassis.

·
Registered
81 Posts
brian g said:

brian g
Whats that generic kit going to run? and what will it entail as far as mounts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts