Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BYP Racing All Motor Drag Car - [email protected] *Australia*

Page 2 Update - New PB [email protected]

Drag Racing has been slow in Australia for the Honda scene for the past couple of years so we thought we help revive it in the community with the completion of our new drag car in 2012

Its a simple build with a simple engine combination. We don't have any rules and regulation, so we strip out all the unnecessary weight, K-swap it, chucked on big fat slicks and hope to run decent numbers

Since its completion, we have taken it out twice. To date, its ran a personal best time of [email protected]!

Video - 11.5 @100mph (missed 5th gear)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEXa_L4wCxY

Car Specification

2007 K24a3 engine block with 2009 K24 TSX internals (crank, rods pistons)
K20A Type R head
Drag Cartel 2.2 cams
ASP Megaphone header
RRC + 70mm Throttle Body
Martini Racing E85
Hondata Kpro
Built and Tuned by me
250hp at the wheels

Weld Racing Rims - 24.5x9x13 MH
K20a 6 speed Gearbox

GAB SS Drag Coilovers
PCI Bronze bushing
Custom BYP Front End
CCC Rear Drag Wing

Its far from being impressive in American terms, but this car is now Australia's quickest K-series all motor drag car. We can only go faster from here on.

Let me know what you guys think of it :)

The team is new to drag racing, so any advice on car set-up would be appreciated.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind word guys!

Nice times for the set up :up:

How is it getting air to the intake? Maybe modify the bumper to accept a velocity stack?
There is a small Velocity stack behind the bumper. Its getting some air. You reckon it will make a big difference if i put a hole in the front bar?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Thanks for the kind word guys!

There is a small Velocity stack behind the bumper. Its getting some air. You reckon it will make a big difference if i put a hole in the front bar?
Yes direct airflow will help down the track and you will see positive map readings!!!!

marc p

·
Registered
752 Posts
This thing is sick for oem bottom end and only cams. Put the intake through the bumper and it MIGHT break 10s! Do you think going with the little bit longer 4th from a normal type S help some if you could hold it in 4th instead of shifting in 5th?

Aslo engine bay pictures would be sweet :)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Looking good. Keep up the good work.

Stefan

1 - 20 of 52 Posts