Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of photos of a header we built for Honda Of Canada's Ontario Truring Gt Championship Team ( it's like Canadian Speed World Challenge =) ) The header is constructed from thin gage 321 stainless steel to produce a lightweight unit yet maintain maximum durability. I went with a 4-2-1 design to produce the maximum useable midrange while not hindering peak horsepower. If anything this header should show some good gains on the top end.

hope you guy's enjoy please comment at will :silly:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I forgot to ask.. Price range? hopefully not to ass raping. Power expected to get out of it?

Its On like Donkey Kong in the k20 Header Race

·
Registered
42 Posts
how long did it take u to weld this up casey?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually had nothing to do with the welding. We probably have about 11-12 hours in this header

MY responsibilities for this project was the design work and being the project manager the general layout was my idea as well!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ekasey said:
I actually had nothing to do with the welding. We probably have about 11-12 hours in this header

MY responsibilities for this project was the design work and being the project manager the general layout was my idea as well!
How much? if your making more

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
the bungs on each runner are for what? individual EGT's?

what is the optimal RPM range for this header?

I'd guess the price to be close to 2k?

Very nice Casey, kinda wish it was mine... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hot damn that's sexy! I'm competing in the Ontario TGTC series against that car, with my humble little K20-powered EG w/ DC Sport 'hybrid' header. I haven't even had the car on the track yet with this engine and header and I'm already fantisizing about a Burns or SSR header. LOL...I'm such a header whore :dance:

Jon V, yes those bungs on each primary are definitely for individual EGT's. The Honda Canada team car is a '06 Civic Si. News to me that they're running a K24, but it is a good choice on their part. I'm going to get spanked solidly by this car, but I'm just a privateer so there's no way to really compete with a factory effort. I'll have fun trying to keep up on my pizza and beer budget...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jon v said:
the bungs on each runner are for what? individual EGT's?

what is the optimal RPM range for this header?

I'd guess the price to be close to 2k?

Very nice Casey, kinda wish it was mine... :rolleyes:
I'm not allowed to diclose any information in regards to the engine program or actual specs of the header, sorry.

Price is more then 2k this is not your everyday 304 header, we could offer a 304 header for around that price if not less we are looking at producing a header for the o6 civic si but we are unsure if there is enough demand for it

And yes the bungs are for EGT's

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the tea-father said:
Cacky, how come you don't build one for my dc2? we're going to the purple church tonight :D call me you cack.

We can build one for ya Loi, just need to wait till we are not so damned busy!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts