Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time building a k-series motor and would like some input. Here's the game plan, rsx-s head with ips cams using a tsx block. Would this be even possible and if so about how much WHP do you think it would give out? My guess would be 250 if tuned right with k-pro. Also, would reving out to 8k be possible with the stock tsx block. Any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :up:

·
Registered
124 Posts
that tsx block isn't going to last long reving that high. high piston speed because of the large stroke, will were it out fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I'm kind of limited on funds I can't redo anything twice. I would have to get the right combination the first time. Would I be able to use full advance if i use a k20a block, type-s head with crower stage 2 and 3/4 cams? Please help me out. thanks.

·
Registered
21,783 Posts
if you cant redo anything twice, i would either do one or the other, k20 or k24. it seems the k 24 doesnt like to rev as high as you want (it will but wont last) and the k20 does , but i have also read stories of people throwing rods in that too(jeff owens i think , he does honda challenge stuff.) rods seem to be a bit of an achilles heel in the k's. just do more research on here or talk to experienced pwople with this stuff like nikos or some other people. everything you need to know is here, just be patient and search. good luck :up:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
You really don't sound like you know what you want. do some more reading on this site. A lot of the questions you are asking have already been ansewered...

You don't know which cams you want, you don't know what block you want, and you don't know what type of head you want.

BTW the TSX and the RSX-S head are very similar, all you need to do is change the intake mani on the TSX and you will be fine without a head swap. :dance:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
You don't need to rev the motor to get the power out of it...

This is what you need...A TSX long block and a type r tranny, Crower stage 2 cams and a k-pro...Ohh ya and a DTR headers and you are done...

Good luck........... :up:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
You like teh Type R tranny because of the LSD PACMAN?

I was thinking of using one but I imagine that the short RPM range of the K24 may klike slightly longer gears? thats why I am sending my tranny to Hybrid for them to make mounts for the TSX tranny... :D

A quife or other LSD and I should be set...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts