Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havent order all of my parts yet but this is the set up im going with do you guys know anyone running a set up like this or have any idea how much power it should make...this is my first k-series engine. this is a street engine i plan on using 93 octane and dropping it into a ek and tune it using a k-pro system. if anyone has any opinions that can help me out or advice i would be greatfull, thank you. i know what im asking for depends on alot of variables but im just looking for a base number.

k20a2 head: 1 mm over sized vales, open up the combustion chamber to match the bore and port the heads, crower 2 3/4 cam(not sure yet), crower spring kit with titanium retainers and either custom kibblewhite valves or crower valves. i will be using a dtr fab header i think since it doesnt cost a arm and a leg like all the hytech stuff and twm itb's(might have them ported to match the head)i forget what size injectors i calculated i needed for what i thought this engine would make(650 cc...i think)

k24 block: stock bore, carillo rods(maybe crower), coated wrist pins, bearings and pistons. stock crank(was going to do a h22 crank until i read in honda tuning that john said you had to do alot of mods to it.. expected to but i dont want to get into doing what he was saying). im doing custom wiseco pistons 11.5:1 or 12:1 but i may go with shelf stock 11:1 arias pistons and just mill the head to bump compression to 11.5.

thanks, also has anyone used a s2000 2.2L crank in a k24 block..will it work? an second has anyone had piston to valve clearence problems on k20/k24 hybrid motors?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for the info ive been doing some more serious research on k motors and have came up with a pretty good combination i think, like i said im new to k series motors but im greatfull for the input and i look forward to learning more, cant wait to get my motor next week and tear it down to start measuring stuff!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.