Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, iam going to be building a K24A8 block with a K20A Head.

So far i have purchased a K24A8 block with only 2,400 miles. A K20A2 timing cover and bare K20A2 VTEC Head and a K20A3 Long block so that I would be able to use bolts/sensors/valve cover etc…

I have several questions regarding the internals and also part numbers between the k20A2 and the K20A3.

First of all, I’m looking to make at least 220 WHP, without having to invest too much money. I’ve read on several forums that the pistons have to be swapped for K24A2 or K24A1 pistons so i won’t encounter piston to valve contact. I hope to be able to keep the stock A8 Accord rods, is this a possibility? Also if I run the K24A8 Rods with the TSX pistons, what will the compression be?

Secondly, I was wondering if I would be able to use the K20A3 water pump, head bolts alternator and starter on my new K24A8/K20A2 Frankenstein build.
All help and input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hello all, iam going to be building a K24A8 block with a K20A Head.

So far i have purchased a K24A8 block with only 2,400 miles. A K20A2 timing cover and bare K20A2 VTEC Head and a K20A3 Long block so that I would be able to use bolts/sensors/valve cover etc…

I have several questions regarding the internals and also part numbers between the k20A2 and the K20A3.

First of all, I’m looking to make at least 220 WHP, without having to invest too much money. I’ve read on several forums that the pistons have to be swapped for K24A2 or K24A1 pistons so i won’t encounter piston to valve contact. I hope to be able to keep the stock A8 Accord rods, is this a possibility? Also if I run the K24A8 Rods with the TSX pistons, what will the compression be?

Secondly, I was wondering if I would be able to use the K20A3 water pump, head bolts alternator and starter on my new K24A8/K20A2 Frankenstein build.
All help and input is greatly appreciated.
I don't want to seam rude but should you have started with a k24a2:/
To me that seams like the best path as for the a8 and the k20a2 head you must make sure all the oil and cooling pathways line up. I know most earlier heads and blocks match but seriously you should use a performance block not a standard one from the get go that would make your life much easier. see your issue with that block in its stock configuration is compression along with rod strength as Honda really cuts on its standard engines and one place they did there was the con rod. that block prob lacks an oil cooler which is found on performance models you can snag one from a rsx type s but stock block does not have it. as for the water pump if it fits i'm almost certain it does but just check fit. dont mess with pistons unless you plan a full rebuild. wish you best of luck. but like I said you must check fitment with everything yourself or pay someone to do it for you.
bit of advice do the research before you buy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts