Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I plan of buying a k series tucked harness and a haltech elite 1500 but will I have to run a fuse box or a switchboard. I’m just not sure how the stock harness works. Also they have an option on the k tuned website to add a dedicated power cable. Any advice would be appreciated. Hope everyone is having a good build this one is definitely the biggest I’ve done thanks in advance!

·
Registered
157 Posts
So I plan of buying a k series tucked harness and a haltech elite 1500 but will I have to run a fuse box or a switchboard. I’m just not sure how the stock harness works. Also they have an option on the k tuned website to add a dedicated power cable. Any advice would be appreciated. Hope everyone is having a good build this one is definitely the biggest I’ve done thanks in advance!
Considering you're basically starting from scratch, in terms of wiring... You'll need a fusebox.

Fusebox should have options for fuses and at LEAST 4 relays:
Main
Starter
Fuel Pump
O2

See here for wiring:

Additionally, depending on how stripped you want your wiring, you can remove a lot of wires from the ECU plugs:
A plug: Remove pins 8, 12, 13, 14, and 17.
B plug: Remove pins 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 19, 20, 22, and 24
E plug: KEEP Pins 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 26. Remove everything else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considering you're basically starting from scratch, in terms of wiring... You'll need a fusebox.

Fusebox should have options for fuses and at LEAST 4 relays:
Main
Starter
Fuel Pump
O2

See here for wiring:

Additionally, depending on how stripped you want your wiring, you can remove a lot of wires from the ECU plugs:
A plug: Remove pins 8, 12, 13, 14, and 17.
B plug: Remove pins 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 19, 20, 22, and 24
E plug: KEEP Pins 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 26. Remove everything else.
Thanks for the reply man yeah I either want to make a harness or buy a motec computer and have it all solid state. I want it to look clean

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the reply man yeah I either want to make a harness or buy a motec computer and have it all solid state. I want it to look clean
I've done it a few times. Just plan it out and you'll be fine.

I used excel for pin locations and AI as a visual representation for my setup.

Attachments

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,979 Posts
I used excel for pin locations and AI as a visual representation for my setup.
Very good. I also used Excel for pin specification, functional description/scope of the wire/signal, hardware property, sensor description. A made also a transfer column for OEM pin vs AEM Infinity pin. For me the only way to get that harness stuff organized.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts