Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
FUCK IT
9,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working on a chromoly 25.5 cage in a chevy 2. It had a mild steel 10pt that I cut out to build this one. I will be documenting everything I do here as far as welding/fabricating goes.

Onto the pics.

And the heart

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
x3 love the chevy2's, i'm jealous of the stuff you get to work on:eek: as usual looks like it will be a beast.

·
FUCK IT
9,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made some progress the past 2 days.

Taking out the dash but forgot to take pics of it out. Car is now dashless :cool:

Taking off the front end. Need to make steering wheel puller to finish front end removal. Not use to steering wheels being a pain in the arse to take off :(

Heres a random pic of what I have to work with for the chassis

·
FUCK IT
9,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Taking off the front end. Need to make steering wheel puller to finish front end removal. Not use to steering wheels being a pain in the arse to take off :(

Heres a random pic of what I have to work with for the chassis

Welded up the heater hose ports in the LS1 water pump and also welded on the -16an radiator fitting

Started cutting out some of the duct work behind the firewall

Also got the gas tank drawn up in solidworks and ready to have the parts cut so I can weld it up

Also go these for the sheet metal work :cool:

Did a little bit of cage work last night

·
FUCK IT
9,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can be tube chassis, in a unibody, or a car with a frame. There's so many ways to do one. Its designed to protect the driver and that's about it. Front end you can do however whether it's running strut drag racing type suspension or even a complete stock front end. It's just a SFI spec cage that's good down to 7.50.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.