Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ok let me start by saying i am fairly new to the kseries game although i have been on the site for ahwile and have been researching quite alot recently. I have been out of the honda game for a bit and im wanting to get back in with the car i always wanted and i finally have the money to do it so what i want is approximately 550-600whp on 93 pump gas with a/c somewhat of a daily driver/street car will not be taken to the track very often. So i know that kind of power can be done on stock blocks and whatnot but i really would just feel so much safer with a built set up. So heres the breakdown so far...
-sleeved/built k24 block (im thinkin ERL not sure as to go with superdeck or MID)
-p&p,ips cams,springs,retainers,valves,ported intake manifold ect.. mildly built k20 head (not sure who to go to)
-Wanting to use a gt40r not sure wheather i should go with 4088r or 4094r twin scroll or not/dual wastegated or single 60mm ect ect. im guessing it would take 25-30lbs to see the power i want to make.
- tranny set up im not really sure about as far what would be better a 6 speed or 5 speed.
-kpro
and all of this i will be putting in a dc2 chassis... Any information and suggestions will be appreciated very much thanks!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
The goal is 500-600whp is actually pretty easy, if you are planning on using it more for a street car. The hardest part will be getting the power to the ground (traction will be the big issue here.)

If you want the quickly spooling turbo for street setup like that I would use the classic gt35r.

For 500-600whp, a single walbro pump at its limit would work.
GT35r 25-30psi (would need race gas)
Even a simple piston/rod setup would do.

If you wanted 500whp on pump, your going to need a HUGE turbo. I vote just using methnol.

My car would actually do similar numbers if i pumped the boost up.
2000 ITR with k20z1, g35r, hybrid racing a/c kit (they make a super nice one that works well). Prefect daily driver.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
5 spd for sure...

Everything else sounds good

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
well, my whole swap is for sale, made 414 on 10lbs, turbo is a t4/t67 garret.... spools at around 5500 whitch is also when vtec is switched over.... so i dunno, built bottom end will def handle it with no problem. also, im not trying to sell you anything. just letting you know that the ignition wasnt touched.. my tuner seems to think that about 500 whp would come on at around 18-19 psi. whitch seems like it would be correct for the power its making at the moment.

·
Premium Member
10,396 Posts
your def going to need a large turbo for 550-600whp on pump. with that being said, i suggest a twinscroll

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
your def going to need a large turbo for 550-600whp on pump. with that being said, i suggest a twinscroll
Bigger than his original gt40 idea? Did I miss something here, GT40 will get you into the 550-600 no problem on pump?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does any1 know if the a/c from the HR kit will get in the way of intercooler piping or anything else? P.s-thanks for the help so far guys

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm making 550whp on pump with a GT35R. You might want to reconsider your power goal if this car is only going to be street driven and daily driven. The car will not be practical by any means. You will spin ever freaking gear unless you make every possible modification to try and put the power down. This will include driving on drag radials which is not practical for a daily driver.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm making 550whp on pump with a GT35R. You might want to reconsider your power goal if this car is only going to be street driven and daily driven. The car will not be practical by any means. You will spin ever freaking gear unless you make every possible modification to try and put the power down. This will include driving on drag radials which is not practical for a daily driver.
drag radials are fine for daily driving i just sold my 4dr mirage 4g63 swapped that made 450whp which was daily drivin on drag radials... and it will be driven like 3 times a week and not to and from work just around town nights and weekends so it should be ok...BTW whats your set up and how much boost are you on making 550 on the gt35r thanks...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
drag radials are fine for daily driving i just sold my 4dr mirage 4g63 swapped that made 450whp which was daily drivin on drag radials... and it will be driven like 3 times a week and not to and from work just around town nights and weekends so it should be ok...BTW whats your set up and how much boost are you on making 550 on the gt35r thanks...
Full Race Stage 3 GT
Built and sleeved k20a2
stock head minus springs and retainers
550whp @ 22psi with 93 octane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts