Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,700 Posts
double check in Kmanager for CEL's... I think its impossible you don't have any

so the motor cranks? do you have spark?

edit - what shop did the cam install? did you check piston to valve clearances? I don't think you can run full VTC on them
what 6spd_EK said is very important. aren't briancrower stage3 able to run @ 20 degrees max vtc on a stock type-s !? some confirm plz

what ever map you use to turn it on delete all cam angles on low & high cams & set it both to run 0 degree only & let your tuner do a full tune on it.
otherwise that motor may go boom.

· Registered
1,700 Posts
I called Brian Crower just now and spoke to them, they said if you stay below 11.5:1 on the stage 3s you can go full 50* advance and be fine on p2v clearances, over that 40*and then clay it to see if you can go more advance on them.
with stock type-s pistons :wow:
do they even make power above 30* vtc?
someone that has/had them fully tuned plz share some info
i know Kevin949 had them fully tuned on his engine

· Registered
1,700 Posts
is not just dome height there are 12.5:1 aftermarket pistons with more p2v clearance than oem rsx pistons.
the oem pistons don't have deep valve pockets for few stage2 cams or most stage3 cams depending on how aggressive are the cams to run at full vtc compared to most aftermarket pistons which generally have taken valve pockets into consideration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.