Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Re: Brand New TSX Motors GroupBuy

what about tranny's Niko's I am looking to get a manual TSX tranny... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
381 Posts

arent these the same papituyo was selling??

·
Registered
381 Posts

hence the price difference of $400...... :eek: im gonna cry

·
Registered
9 Posts

too bad i don't know enough about swapping/price of swappig to see if i'd have enough funds if i picked this up right now. i always wanted to do k-swap for my ek, just haven't had time to research.

·
Registered
331 Posts

How much for long block, manifolds, harness, ECU, auto tranny, shifter, pedal postion sensor?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts

will this be offered again after this order is placed? cuz im really interested but im in the process of working a deal with someone to buy my car, so i will have $$ but i dont know how soon that will be....

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

just let me know when you have an idea...most likely I will be able to get you one.. I am not going to do another groupbuy but I might be able to get you the same price if they have any left.
I

·
Registered
258 Posts

sorry last question, i was read the different thread's and just wasn't sure if the k24 tranny the TSX tranny. will it fit in a 88 crx

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Here's a list of what you need to do this swap in a ek/eg/dc2/ef

TSX motor $2000 shipped New
Ep3 alternator and starter $120
Ep3 tranny $500 or type s tranny 6 speed 900
rsx type s engine harness $150
rsx type s manifold $100
rsx type s TB $200
rsx type s axles $100
B series axles $80
Fuel crap $250
misc crap $200 (bolts, betls, gaskets, fluids etc..)
Mounts $499
Wiring -Free _Learn how to read or $350
Honda K pro $800
Header $1000 for the best one or $350-$400 for a basic one
shifter+ cables $150
--------------------------------
around $6000-$7000

Now, let's assume you get this running with the stock TSX motor in there and K pro.

This is rougly what you will get with the basic K pro tuning and utilizing the hondata K pro TSX base map

Click here To See dynographon stock TSX with K pro

This is close to what you would get with type r internals in the tsx head

Click here To See dynograph for TSX with type R cams and internals

Last buy not least. The type s and type r K series bare heads are the same.

The tsx head is very close to the type s head. It is a VTEC head meaning, it can carry the 3 lobe vtec K series cams.

Now this is why a lot of experts believe the TSX heads have more potential than type s heads.

As some of you remember some for the late b series type r heads were not ideal for porting because they came from the factory, "opened up" so there was not enough material left to port...

That is the same case with the type s heads. On the intake side they are pretty much maxed out. The tsx head has smaller pathways which is a reason for all that torque.

Here;s a picture for you guys to see what I am talking about

Another great thing about the tsx swap that I like is that the cheaper ep3 tranny is actually the best one for drag racing because of its longer gearing...

Here's a table with all the k series gear ratios

Using an online calculator, check out the ep3 gear ratios compared to a rsx base one..

Click here to see the resulting graph of the ep3 gear ratio calculator

and this is what you get

thank you,

Nikos

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.