Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you remove the coolant nipples, do you just use some heat and force or is there another method? I tried using some leverage on it and they seem to be pretty well in there. Thanks

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
When you remove the coolant nipples, do you just use some heat and force or is there another method? I tried using some leverage on it and they seem to be pretty well in there. Thanks
I had the same problem, but if your afraid you might tear one of the hoses, just buy a set of hose pliers, they work like a charm!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll have to try it with mine, I've done a few things and it doesn't budge... right now I'm more busy trying to give it a mirror finish with aluminum polish... not going well with all the curves and ribs

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's what I have, actually took the paint off my shift knob and polished it using the same method, just been busy and only get a few minutes here and there to do it

·
Registered
48 Posts
i seen a happy fa5 driver that bought this tapered TB but he didnt list his mods . i have flashpro plm header not cat . thermal gaskit TB spacer with thremal gaskits both sides . K&N intake . bypassed coolent into TB . and RDX injectors . im considering this TB . question is installing this tb can i use the thremal gaskit i have already instead of spending 22 more dollars on one . 64.5mm is that the same size as the stock intake because i dont want to change the stock intake or P2R spacer or TB thermal gaskits ?

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
i seen a happy fa5 driver that bought this tapered TB but he didnt list his mods . i have flashpro plm header not cat . thermal gaskit TB spacer with thremal gaskits both sides . K&N intake . bypassed coolent into TB . and RDX injectors . im considering this TB . question is installing this tb can i use the thremal gaskit i have already instead of spending 22 more dollars on one . 64.5mm is that the same size as the stock intake because i dont want to change the stock intake or P2R spacer or TB thermal gaskits ?
which gasket and manifold do you currently have?, it all boils down to that and the IACV port

·
Registered
48 Posts
K20z3 but how do i know what intake i have ? i think your refuring to the extra water inlet for the idle assit its pluged . its stamped RBC on the third intake runner . does this help ? thanks for your any help or advice! im alittle new but more than willing to use any info .:cool:

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
He was referring to which intake manifold are you running. Your reply was z3. You really should buy a different tb gasket. We stock them no prob.

·
Registered
48 Posts
what the diffrence ? the gaskit i have is new and reuseable? mounting holes the same ,same size hole (?) spacer, gaskit and intake manifold all the same mounting and inlet ? sorry dnt think im disagreeing just tring to save 22 bucks.

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
You need a gasket which blocks the iac hole on the throttle flange. The stock Si gasket p2r gasket does not. It will create a vaccuum leak

·
Registered
48 Posts
im using the go power gaskits on the spacer any diffrent? do you have a picture of the right gaskit to use to make sure im thinking right ?

141 - 160 of 178 Posts