Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I was out in the shop about a month ago, helping with an engine replacement, when I noticed, the similarities between the j35 dbw throttle body, as compared to the oem unit.

it is a tapered design with a 68mm opening on the air box side and 64.5mm on the tb side, perfect for rrc manifolds

their was one small issue, it was missing an air tube, which the 8th gen civics use for an emission's solenoid, but the throttle body does have an extra map sensor, which we do not need as our map sensor is in the manifold.

So I removed the map sensor taped the hole and threaded an extra fitting in so it would be direct plug and play.

as with swapping any throttle body you MUST disconnect the battery, so after the swap is done, the car will re-learn the idle.

The RRC manifold does not need to be modded in any way for this to work

this is the idea of removing the map and where the new fitting must go.

Installed and running in an fa5

took about 3 minutes for idle to return to the 8-900 rpms, the stock throttle body idles at.

I also removed the coolant passages, as I do not believe in them, I live in an extreme cold climate, and have never had an issue removing the throttle body heater in over 10 years in the honda scene.

This throttle body can also be used in tsx's, but instead of tapping the throttle body for the extra fitting, the map sensor is just plugged all together

The best part about this is these throttle body's can be had, shipped to your door brand new in box for $100.00

I will be happy to mod the throttle body for you for an additional $10.00
this includes tapping for the fitting, adding the fitting, and pluging the throttle body heater

any questions feel free to ask away

people asked for more pics, so here you go

Rich

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Jerry, just trying to spread the word, just because it cost more, doesnt make it better, and imho nothing beats oem reliability.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bought this throttle body form rich with my RRC, discussed how to install it and it was easy to solve.
Rich was very helpful with this. You can get a TB with the same size as the TSX one, but for less than half a price!!!!
Way to go.

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no tps required.

my hands are soft, cause I push pens, rarely turn wrenches.

:heart:'s puke

·
Registered
171 Posts
How big is the stock TB on the 2004 TSX? I'm really considering picking on of these up from you for my TSX.

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe it 62mm straight through, their is a guy I sold one to in europe who is using this on a tsx. I spoken to him since he installed, and he loves it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also removed the coolant passages, as I do not believe in them, I live in an extreme cold climate, and have never had an issue removing the throttle body heater in over 10 years in the honda scene.

and pluging the throttle body heater
i don't really get this part :confused: can you noob it down for me?

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i don't really get this part :confused: can you noob it down for me?
no problem,

in this picture their are 2 holes at the bottom, I wish I was good with paint, they have nothing to do with the bolt pattern, every honda throttle body has them, their is normally nipples there. their purpose is to circulate coolant through the throtle body, in order to help the carwarm up on cold days.

think about it, you spend hundrds of dollars on cai's in order to get cooler denser air, just so you can warm it up.

you remove these hose from the throttle body and loop them upon themselves, this alone can give an increase of 1-2 whp. I remove the fittings and plug the holes so no dirt gets in their.

hope that helps, seriously ask away.

oh and welcome to K20a.org, please post more.

Rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
no problem,

in this picture their are 2 holes at the bottom, I wish I was good with paint, they have nothing to do with the bolt pattern, every honda throttle body has them, their is normally nipples there. their purpose is to circulate coolant through the throtle body, in order to help the carwarm up on cold days.

think about it, you spend hundrds of dollars on cai's in order to get cooler denser air, just so you can warm it up.

you remove these hose from the throttle body and loop them upon themselves, this alone can give an increase of 1-2 whp. I remove the fittings and plug the holes so no dirt gets in their.

hope that helps, seriously ask away.

oh and welcome to K20a.org, please post more.

Rich
ohh okay thanks rich:up:
and i mostly lurk around and read hehe

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think its funny people prefer to spend 2x more for a used tb, than a bnib one which does the same thing.

oh well, I tried

·
Registered
109 Posts
Would this be a direct fit to the rbc? did anyone post on 8thcivic?

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
absolutely, all dbw throttle bodies are interchangeable.

no I have not posted this on 8th, I am a vendor here, and they would look down on it.

feel free to if you'd like, you can even use my pics.

:up:

182 Posts
Very good find, you should do a step by step to show people how easy it is to do. I am sure people have seen the post and are busy trying to find a used TB. Or for the ballers the will go and spend $400 on a TB that will so call make 12hp:rolleyes: Most throttle bodies will not amke power but allow the engine to take in more air when it needs it. we have never seen much for dyno number when throwing on a larger TB but it will help with MPH on the track. But you will not see 12hp like some people claim.
Now get back in the garge and find another cool part:).

John

·
Premium Member
18,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ive got one I have to mod for a cust, waiting for it to arrive, I will take your advice, thanks John. Your support is appreciated.

Rich

1 - 20 of 178 Posts