Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
C-Zero said:
What does this have to do with TurboCharging? I'm moving this.

Exactly what I was wondering...

I can get it for 280 shipped.

Actually I have one for sale now that I'm gonna be boosting next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
is this the stainless steel or ceramic header? where in illinois are you locatd at and how much would it be to pick up?

·
Registered
420 Posts
is it just me, or have they paired 1&2 and 3&4???

is this deliberate?

Convention says that you pair 2&3 and 1&4 with a 4-2-1 system...

comments??

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would image that pairing sequential cyclinders (1-2 & 3-4) would benifit a motor is due to the energy that effects to the exhaust charge. Since the pulses are sequential, the pulses are dumped one after another as opposed to just dumping everything into one collector. When you space the tubes apart so there are more sequential pulses, the energy from one tube will have a much greater impact on the cylinder it's paired with because it will create a vacuum within the header so that it can draw (suck) more air on the other side (because on of the tubes will be in exhaust while the other is on intake).

Or i can be wrong... :roll:

·
Registered
420 Posts
you not wrong in theory, however, the firing order is not 1-2-3-4...

this is why *most* 4-2-1 systems pair 2-3 ans 1-4 as they are 360 degrees appart in firing order, if you pair 1-2 then they are alternating 180 and then 540 degrees appart, ie. less than great...

·
Registered
100 Posts
then i guess hytech and smsp dsigns are "less than great" since they pair the tube sequentially (1-3, 2-4 Hytech or 1-2, 3-4 SMSP) :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts