Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahoi Girls and Guys,

i have a small Problem to slove, im in the process to build a K24/20. the Block is ready now doing the Head work. Ive got a Springs and Retainers Set from Brain Crower (BC0040S) - i dont know which Keepers is should use. Ive got 5.5mm 7deg Keepers from Supertech and K20Z4 OEM Keepers.

These are the 5.5mm 7deg Supertech Keepers
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim Auto part

These are the OEM K20Z4 Keepers
Gas Motor vehicle Machine Rim Auto part

maybe someone had the Same issiue ?

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,127 Posts
a thread not to long ago had similar issues.

the oem cotter were back ordered. so I bought Supertech cotters. What part number did you buy?

I called Supertech and they set up the cotters for my oem k20a2 prb valves.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,127 Posts
I have the same pn# for my Supertech cotters. these claim to be oem style

i have a set of Supertech BNIB Ti Retainers for the 2002 dual valve valve spring style.

i do not like the looks of what i see. i am sold on not installing Supertech Ti retainers and either selling them or saving for a valvetrain build worth the effort.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,127 Posts
when i am not 100% i wont do it.

i just rebuilt my oem valve train. the oem cotters looked just like the images you shown, on my head build. the only reason I came to Supertech was because the oem cotters were on back order with no eta known. I wanted to install Supertech Ti retainers for fun. I do not need to install the Ti retainers.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,127 Posts
At this point in the game and with what you have invested I would email Brian Crower and get his opinion on which cotter you should use.

it is easy to offer advice, in this case being wrong is dead wrong. I joined you on your thread to try to help and learn something myself in the process about Supertech cotters on oem valves. I have the opportunity to install Ti retainers for fun when I pull my head off tomorrow morning. I am not going to install the Ti retainers.

There was a thread recently that was similar to yours with the Supertech cotters (keepers) being near the end of the oem valve and the oem cotters were just like yours. The Supertech cotters near the end of the valve.

I will post pics of my valve train here shortly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At this point in the game and with what you have invested I would email Brian Crower and get his opinion on which cotter you should use.

it is easy to offer advice, in this case being wrong is dead wrong. I joined you on your thread to try to help and learn something myself in the process about Supertech cotters on oem valves. I have the opportunity to install Ti retainers for fun when I pull my head off tomorrow morning. I am not going to install the Ti retainers.

There was a thread recently that was similar to yours with the Supertech cotters (keepers) being near the end of the oem valve and the oem cotters were just like yours. The Supertech cotters near the end of the valve.

I will post pics of my valve train here shortly.
I asked BC on Instagram… the told me to use the Supertech 5.5mm 7deg. retainers… but i send them a Mail. I can tell you More later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts