Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys.
Ive got k20a2 block, 12.5:1 cp pistons, eagle rods.
what cams is better for this setup?
maybe another cams ?
260 hp on this setup possible?

·
Registered
404 Posts
HI Guys.
Ive got k20a2 block, 12.5:1 cp pistons, eagle rods.
what cams is better for this setup?
maybe another cams ?
260 hp on this setup possible?
welcome....you wont get near those numbers with that compression on a k20a2 hell not even a k20a, sounds like you need to do some more research:up:

but as far as cams....your best bang for buck would be just to go with some ITR cams IMO

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
i think blueprint stage2 would work better for your engine & your goals 260 bhp on this setup is possible

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
260 is possible.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
i mean 260 hp (flywheel), it is still not possible?
he is talking about power rated at the crank just like Honda rate their engines. so to the wheels is about 230WHP. i forgot what is the drive train loss with the k-series tranny's but, I think it is around 10% to 13% so it is something he can do with the blueprint stage 2 maybe with the Brian Crower stage2 too. without worrying about VTC clearances with any of those stage3 cams. anyone has personal dynos of this stage2 cams that would like to share even in a 2.4l just to have an idea

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
260 is definately possible on that setup. but I really draws down to which dyno you're going to be on and what kind of gas you're planning on running. some dyno's tend to read alot higher than others. If you have the money then definately go with the blueprint stage 2's. They have been proven to make good gains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts