Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an 06 coupe with a mild NA build that made about 220 whp and it spun the #4 rod bearing after about 6000 miles on the new motor :alone:

No car had ever given me so much trouble like this one, i went though oil pumps, head gaskets, bent rods, and even a disintegrated piston which was the worst of it. (was about 100 miles away from home in the blazing texas heat with no cell signal when the piston fell apart. fuck it could be worse right)

Anyhoo i redid the bottom end then traded it in and ended up with a 06 350z and it has had no problems whatsoever. As most would imagine, I got into drifting and all that fun stuff. And even with the straight line traction advantages of rwd, the ample torque, and the thrill of getting sideways, it just isnt as much fun as the civic was

So I find myself back on k20a looking at the for sale threads and seeing all kinds of cool stuff. So much cool stuff that im tempted to get another si and do a built NA z3 with a tsx bottom end... what does k20a think? keep the z, or get back into the k series world

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
Grass always seems greener on the other side? :hmm:

If the Z is trouble free so far, keep it for a while and wait for the right Si to come along. :up:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Grass always seems greener on the other side? :hmm:

If the Z is trouble free so far, keep it for a while and wait for the right Si to come along. :up:
Couldnt agree more get through the summer at least then start looking for the right, clean si. Love the idea of the k24 bottom end mad torque...

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
you live in SA and have a 4 door si? if so then yes
Yeah Im in SA. K24 RSX. Would never consider trading for a Z. Maybe a Nizmo but even then, I still pull them. It would be fun to drift though. Did you see MagicDC2's K24 Miata thread?!! OMFG:raisins:

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I've contemplated selling all my K shit to get a RWD car but something is telling me not too, just something about honda/K series.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've contemplated selling all my K shit to get a RWD car but something is telling me not too, just something about honda/K series.
k's are just so fun haha but the frs/brz would be worth it in my opinion. I have a buddy that recently went with a vortech SC on his scion and damn... I gotta say, its pretty sweet

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts

·
The Professional
1,873 Posts
actually the z is about as fast as the si was if i take out all the extra stuff in the car. si was just way more fun
Really? My best friend had a modded 350z and I loved it. The only thing I wish the Si's had (or pretty much any Civic) is the armrest. I loved being able to rest my arm while shifting. But yeah you want speed again. I raped his 350z and my car was only making around 216whp at the time.

·
The Professional
1,873 Posts
I'd take an s2k over a 350z. Now a 370z is a different story...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really? My best friend had a modded 350z and I loved it. The only thing I wish the Si's had (or pretty much any Civic) is the armrest. I loved being able to rest my arm while shifting. But yeah you want speed again. I raped his 350z and my car was only making around 216whp at the time.
yeah man see what im sayin??? haha plus having four seats and good gas mileage is awesome

1 - 20 of 23 Posts