Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyways guys,

I have a tsx motor comming in soon. I plan to boost it with my rev hard kit anyways I was wondering if anyone has a boosted k24a2??

I had a k20a2 boosted it was pretty good..
I bet the gains would be better the torque would be a killa :rolleyes:

how about it guys..what ya think.. :up:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
bossman032 said:
Anyways guys,

I have a tsx motor comming in soon. I plan to boost it with my rev hard kit anyways I was wondering if anyone has a boosted k24a2??

I had a k20a2 boosted it was pretty good..
I bet the gains would be better the torque would be a killa :rolleyes:

how about it guys..what ya think.. :up:
There is a guy over on Club RSX who just put his K24a2 in his EP, he is breaking it in and getting ready to throw on his turbo kit he has and get it all Dynoed.

I think he said he was planning on having it done within the next couple of weeks... :dance:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jon v said:
There is a guy over on Club RSX who just put his K24a2 in his EP, he is breaking it in and getting ready to throw on his turbo kit he has and get it all Dynoed.

I think he said he was planning on having it done within the next couple of weeks... :dance:

I WANNA see how much torque :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see why it shouldn't last..

I mean if you do a safe boost and have proper tunning I might just do it since I have the setup setting here from my old k20a2 burnt kit..

hmm anyone have any input :up:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
Do it...

any plans on what kind of car you are going to use for your next chassis?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
There are a couple of guys over on Club-RSX.com that are running SC TSX motors, one in an EP and one in an RSX. They are putting down some pretty impressive numbers...

I will link to them some time later. I am finally about to get off work, on Sat, it's about time...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jon v said:
Do it...

any plans on what kind of car you are going to use for your next chassis?
I had a k20a2 turbo setup on the EG till it got wrecked.
Now I have a 89 si that is where I plan to swap it in unless I find another EG chassis in a few weeks money is tight so most likely not :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
i jsut about to put the tsx motor in... i am piecing my kit together... i plan on usig the precision sc61, tial wastegate, hks ssqv, greddy intercooler, custom pipiping and 3" dp. the only thing i have left to decide on is what manifold to use. i was thinking of getting a cheap obx, one but i'm not sure of it now. i would like to get an equal legnth manifold. i plan on boosting 10psi max. for fuel managment i have kpro. this is all going in my race hatch... when its all doen and after many many hours of tuning perfection i hope to hit some very low numbers :dance: :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
glad to see people doing his kinda setup :) :up:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
well, three weeks ago i was doing a pull in my turboed k20a2 when things went bad, very bad. Today i pulled off the head to find a hole in one piston and a sizable chunk missing from the sleeve. I would recommend staying a little more conservative when it comes to boosting the the stock bottom end.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
notch-dc5 said:
well, three weeks ago i was doing a pull in my turboed k20a2 when things went bad, very bad. Today i pulled off the head to find a hole in one piston and a sizable chunk missing from the sleeve. I would recommend staying a little more conservative when it comes to boosting the the stock bottom end.
I didn't have any problems with boosting the k20a2. Maybe tunning or bad gas or something.. :up:

anyways plans have changed since nikos don't have any more k24 motors.. :(
I might just need to rebuild.. or sell the setup..go back to b series :confused: which I am not lookin forward to :silly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
After this season I may ditch the all-motor idea and step into the turbo realm on the race car. I will probably be using a Garrett GT45R and 30+ psi. Hopefully good for mid low 9's at our shitty local track.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,171 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
CRV, Element, or TSX
are the K-24
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,213 Posts
Turbo or supercharger, the K24A2 is a torque monster. Mine is supercharged and loves the low end and mid. When I start to rev high piston speed lives rent free in my head since I don't have money for another motor now and I want it to last awhile. With the right parts and money they can stay in the high revs realible often. I shift alot when driving on the street.
Safetune 227whp/185wtq @ 5.3psi using oem catpipe, the wrong header and 60mm exhaust. tcf 1.00 ratio 4.2 dynapack
Can't wait to upgrade to types E cam, hytech 4-1, 3" thermal, 8.5psi and track tune on 103
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,097 Posts
jon v said:
There is a guy over on Club RSX who just put his K24a2 in his EP, he is breaking it in and getting ready to throw on his turbo kit he has and get it all Dynoed.

I think he said he was planning on having it done within the next couple of weeks... :dance:

do you know who the member is, the one with the boosted ep w/ k24a2. thaks
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top