Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,069 Posts
A gearbox gear wheel doesn't brake because of 9000 rpm at the clutch, it brakes by over spec torque. You should ask what is the Stock torque limit of it. A safety factor of 1.5 would give a thumb estimation of the max. torque. Just to have an idea where that maximum torque come to lay in reality.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any update? I too have an mr2 turbo 91 that I plan on k swapping. My debate is whether to go full kswap or use the Cannibal conversion to run the e153. I have a practically brand new 95 spec e153 laying around that I could use for this swap.
I myself am full K swapped...K24A2 from a TSX and a base RSX 5spd. I've read multiple opinions on using the 5spd vs the 6spd and the consensus is that the 5spd is better for boost due to taller gearing...but having the 5spd sucks for freeway use in that I'm sitting around 3500 +/- RPM's doing 80MPH. I really need a 6th gear, fortunately these trans are like Lego's so I've bought a Civic Si 6spd that I'm going to take apart to swap it's 6th gear and LSD into my current 5spd...best of both worlds. I will say though that K series transmissions are notorious for being glass vs the E153 is supposedly bulletproof...the downside being the short gearing ratios I mentioned using Honda 6spd, and the E153 not being a 6spd. I'm NOT a pro here, just rattling off info I've retained over a year, but it also comes down to how you wanna drive the car. I daily mine in the summer, hence why I need a 6th speed...for my sanity and to tone the engine revs down a bit :D

61 - 62 of 62 Posts