Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone boosted a k24 with 12:5 comp on 88mm? Setup is almost done and planning on running e85 just wanna see if anyone has done it? How much boost? How long it last?
Details:
12:5
88mm stock sleeves
Aftermarket rods and pistons
Type s oil pump
Stock tsx
6662 t3 turbo with sidewinder manifold 3 inch piping

·
Registered
9 Posts
That sounds like a recipe for detonation. At least a very small margin for error/bad gas. I’ve seen plenty of 9:1 compression ratio turbo builds. Pro sfwd can run on 10-11 with great tuning. But 12+ seems crazy without race fuel.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I know plenty of ppl that have done high comp low boost setups. As long as you have the right parts and the right tune you will not have an issue. I am currently NA 12.5.1 87.5mm and i will be boosting this setup by the end of the year. Let me know how your set up does.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I'm interested in how the turbo setups are going!? I'm new to the K20/K24 scene and I want to build somethin like both of you are talking about. I'm considering building a 11:1 cr K24 bottom end for my K20a2 and then possibly turboing that later on! Lmk what you think!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,024 Posts
Has anyone boosted a k24 with 12:5 comp on 88mm?
Possible, but need great attention on tuning side not to destroy the engine before it roles on street ;). We run about 10+:1 at 1200 hp on a 2 Liter engine with Ethanol. You need a very good flushing of the chamber to run this safely, which means everything must designed to be on spot. I wouldn't do this for a DD application, as it will detonate down low massively when the engine should not burn the turbine at WOT and lower engine speed. For a race/drag application it is possible to run it. Massive IAT coolers, Ice or frozen CO2 cooler concepts cooling the compressed air below ambient temperature would definitiv help. Indeed nothing approachable for an DD if you have no refrigerator in the cars trunk :D. Just a question if it makes sense on your setup, which I don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts