Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, thought i would see if you guys could shine some light on this for me.
I have searched around on H T and on here but couldnt really find what im after. Im intrested in changing the boost piping route on our EP3 CTR. at the moment, were running stock jdm intake manifold with the full-race twin scroll gt4088 kit, but i think it could be improved on by changing the stock intake manifold to something that positions the TB at the bottom (similar to IPS, AFI) and using a more 'traditional' intercooler design with shorter piping. Also, looking through the pics from the outlaw race, i spied the white DC2 that Matt Keller was driving and it seemed that he had positioned the turbo at the front, poking out of the bumper, now that would really shorten the boost piping route but would obviously make the manifold quite long, what do you ppl think about the pros and cons of each setup?
thanks for looking
www.tdi-north.com

·
Registered
390 Posts
Honestly the main benefit is "boost response". I know full race has done some testing with this. It seems to improve spool up very slightly, and on/off throttle response.

Short piping = lighter weight, more boost response, normally simplier

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Usually shorter piping will give you faster boost response, but with a really long turbo manifold it will kill your spool.

The shorter the manifold the faster the spool. So you have to find a ballance between the two. Or work on your gearing set up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, we will be looking at reducing the pipe length anyway, so i can get some pictures up and maybe some figures when thats done. We wil be keeping the fullrace manifold for now, cant beat the quality :up:
If any1 has any pics of there setups that diifer from the full-race stuff, post 'em up would be very gratefull:D

·
Registered
195 Posts
interesting info. subscribed... i am always tried the shortest route possible when i was b-series boost....i like the idea of full race bov mounted on the intercooler and back door style piping for b-series...

i should be boostin my k24 setup in a few months been doing research...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts