Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Re: BNIB RSX-S Denso primary wideband A/F sensors

How do I keep my CEL from coming on with this sensor?

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·

I'll try this type S o2 before anything. Then I'll get into all that technical stuff.
"That technical stuff" is usually the problem. How are you gonna rule anything out unless you check "the technical stuff"?

·
Registered
4,263 Posts

"That technical stuff" is usually the problem. How are you gonna rule anything out unless you check "the technical stuff"?
You have anything to show me that a brand new swap harness isnt going to work? If so, prove it to me. I have a stock type S o2 I would rather try to "rule" out the sensors. Then I would get into the "technical stuff."

·
Registered
753 Posts

replacing an oxygen sensor it is not the proper way to trouble shoot it. When you say brand new swap harness are you talking about a conversion harness or a engine harness? (I'm assuming conversion harness.) Are we talking about a harness made by and installed by a fallible entity?

don't guess, get a volt meter and troubleshoot!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4487776_troubleshoot-oxygen-sensor.html

·
Registered
4,263 Posts

replacing an oxygen sensor it is not the proper way to trouble shoot it. When you say brand new swap harness are you talking about a conversion harness or a engine harness? (I'm assuming conversion harness.) Are we talking about a harness made by and installed by a fallible entity?

don't guess, get a volt meter and troubleshoot!

http://www.ehow.com/how_4487776_troubleshoot-oxygen-sensor.html
Its a Hybrid conversion harness. Harness is plug and play. So the o2 has its own plug going to it, no need for me to splice anything towards the o2. I'm not saying the sensor is at fault, but neither am I saying the harness is at fault. All I ask is if there's anything else I should do to keep the CEL from coming on in less then 5 seconds.

I have no cat and with a 3" straight pipe.

·
Registered
753 Posts

What chassis? The only company to make a 100% pnp harness is wireworx. There are some wires that you had to t tap into. Are you using kpro? If so, Have you disabled the secondary oxygen sensor. What code is popping up? Im not here to deny a sale but im sure autofair agrees with me that spending $100+ on a guess is not something we wanna see you do.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts

What chassis? The only company to make a 100% pnp harness is wireworx. There are some wires that you had to t tap into. Are you using kpro? If so, Have you disabled the secondary oxygen sensor. What code is popping up? Im not here to deny a sale but im sure autofair agrees with me that spending $100+ on a guess is not something we wanna see you do.
Its a 90 ef with kpro. And yes secondary is disabled. And those 5 wires had nothing to do with the o2. I'll get the code tomorrow in the AM. But I'm not spending momey on another o2 sensor. Ive had this sensor with my SSR header, I'm just going to swap them over and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)

You have anything to show me that a brand new swap harness isnt going to work? If so, prove it to me. I have a stock type S o2 I would rather try to "rule" out the sensors. Then I would get into the "technical stuff."
Actually yes.... From personal experience my brand new swap harness was wired incorrectly. I had to chase the wires down all the way from the sensor to the ecu to figure it out. I've also read from another couple dozen others who also had the same issue. Thats just the ones I've looked at. I'm not saying that is the issue with yours, but from from what I've seen, yes i would go straight to that first. If you read a lot of threads in different areas of the forum and other forums its actually a common problem.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts

With what you've seen, how exactly were you able to track down which wires had to go where from the sensor to ecu? Any pinout by chance?

Also, I'll be looking forward to purchase an RRC mani, I just want to see how to go by porting to 70mm

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

With what you've seen, how exactly were you able to track down which wires had to go where from the sensor to ecu? Any pinout by chance?

Also, I'll be looking forward to purchase an RRC mani, I just want to see how to go by porting to 70mm
Im on my phone or else id link it, i think there is a sticky in the wiring section with what wire goes to what for the 02-04 RSX-S wideband sensor, and to back that up would simply be with a wiring diagram with pinouts from a manual.

For porting the RRC, you can use a 70mm adapter ot gasket to mark your line. Port it out with a die grinder/carbide bit or just have a machine shop knock it out in a few minutes.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts

Im on my phone or else id link it, i think there is a sticky in the wiring section with what wire goes to what for the 02-04 RSX-S wideband sensor, and to back that up would simply be with a wiring diagram with pinouts from a manual.

For porting the RRC, you can use a 70mm adapter ot gasket to mark your line. Port it out with a die grinder/carbide bit or just have a machine shop knock it out in a few minutes.
Thanks, let me look that up right quick.

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·

If not using a secondary oxygen sensor you must disable it in kpro.

Bump plenty always instock

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Re: BNIB RSX-S Denso primary wideband A/F sensors only $119.99 shipped

get your swap done with one of these!

61 - 80 of 119 Posts