Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just curious if you can paint a honda block like the domestic guys do? I meen, does it effect any heat disapation? BTW, where can I get some K20a.org stickers?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
yes u can paint a block

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
use paint designed for that use. a high heat engine enamel. dupont rattle can brand works great. easy paint to use , comes out nice , and lasts. drys super fast too. why would it hurt cooling? this aint no VW bug , lol , its not an air cooled engine , lol. im just teasing , lol.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Bought all the supplies but Im having second thoughts as well. Im afraid of it chipping and looking like hell after a bit. Anyone had long term(2+years) experience with this?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
how long it lasts depends on the prep work , not the product in most cases.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Clean as a whistle. Freshly bead blasted and hot tanked block/head/tranny. Engine primer and grey enamel...
How long have you ran with these parts painted? This car will actually be driven on track and streets...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking in terms of it being aluminum as far as cooling goes. And I agree on Eastwood products FOR SURE!!! I have many thing from there and they all have gone beyond my expectations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Por-15 makes an engine paint. lots of color choices. it is bulletproof.
i painted a d16z6 engine block and it's holding up excellent after 2 years with a turbo setup.
makes the block really easy to clean also!

·
Registered
457 Posts
will the aluma blast in the 12 oz can really work on an engine. it says it only stands up to 250 degrees F. usually engine enamal is atleast 500.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
381 Posts
i say don't paint it. once you paint and it starts getting ugly, there's no turning back. It's more work to remove the paint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
believe me. spend a little extra money and go with the POR 15 engine enamel. you paint it on with a brush. it is pretty self leveling. i hit it with a hammer and tried chipping it off with screw drivers to test it. it is BULLETPROOF!!!!
you can buy a kit. it comes with a cleaning solution and a Metal Ready spray which helps the paint stick even better.

i do not work for POR 15 fyi. i just was really happy with the results.
they make a aluminum color. and it keeps all the oil from staining the block. very easy clean up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts