Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,187 Posts
use paint designed for that use. a high heat engine enamel. dupont rattle can brand works great. easy paint to use , comes out nice , and lasts. drys super fast too. why would it hurt cooling? this aint no VW bug , lol , its not an air cooled engine , lol. im just teasing , lol.

· Registered
822 Posts
Bought all the supplies but Im having second thoughts as well. Im afraid of it chipping and looking like hell after a bit. Anyone had long term(2+years) experience with this?

· Registered
822 Posts
Clean as a whistle. Freshly bead blasted and hot tanked block/head/tranny. Engine primer and grey enamel...
How long have you ran with these parts painted? This car will actually be driven on track and streets...

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking in terms of it being aluminum as far as cooling goes. And I agree on Eastwood products FOR SURE!!! I have many thing from there and they all have gone beyond my expectations.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Registered
2 Posts
believe me. spend a little extra money and go with the POR 15 engine enamel. you paint it on with a brush. it is pretty self leveling. i hit it with a hammer and tried chipping it off with screw drivers to test it. it is BULLETPROOF!!!!
you can buy a kit. it comes with a cleaning solution and a Metal Ready spray which helps the paint stick even better.

i do not work for POR 15 fyi. i just was really happy with the results.
they make a aluminum color. and it keeps all the oil from staining the block. very easy clean up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.