Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of weeks ago i had seen a thread in which someone had painted there block. and it came out looking like new.. i've searched and i couldnt remember in which of the threads it had been in. if anyone knows it would be a big help. i've been cleaning my block and want paint it.. the paint in which i'm looking for makes the block look new from the factory its like a silver paint. thanks again for anyones help and if you pics that would be great.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
if you buy the wrong paint, it will flake over time and your motor will look like shit

I will ask ERL what they use.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
if you buy the wrong paint, it will flake over time and your motor will look like shit

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts

its because people dont prep the block and dont follow the directions...aluminum needs to be etched for the paint to adhere well...most companies encourage you to run the block after its been painted to help it cure....

engine paint will never last more than a few years anyway...nothing is truly designed to go through the extremes which engines do...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts