Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well I went to autozone and bought some engine degreaser and some wire brushes that go onto a drill. First I sprayed the engine down to remove grease and grime. Then to remove any lime/rust/dirt built up I put the wire brushes into the drill and started going at it while using a air blower to blow off all the crap that came off.

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you want to clean everything I mean everything ultra sonic wash is it. bead bath in the shaker will do it. Your parts will come out as if they were new with no solution or chemicals.

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts
I don't know if baking soda is what is recommended, but it is water soluble and it prevents flash rust. I would use it, and just hit the block with air and a damp rag after cleaning up the bulk of the mess.

·
Registered
14,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know if baking soda is what is recommended, but it is water soluble and it prevents flash rust. I would use it, and just hit the block with air and a damp rag after cleaning up the bulk of the mess.
I'm gonna try walnut shells first with some brake cleaner. See how that goes. I'll report back when I get around to doing this. I'm not sure when i'll get the chance, its a spare block and i'm in no rush.

·
Registered
185 Posts
clean it really well just to get the dirt off, then just spray it with silver high temp engine block paint. your block will look fresh.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts