Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3238 Posts

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to my never ending build/progress thread; I say never ending because it seems whenever I think I'm close to the finish line, I always find something else I want or this or that, and like that it is now close to 6 years I own her.

I bought this 1996 Honda Civic DX Coupe in december of 2005. It was bone stock when I got it, just the way I wanted it, and the first order of business was getting a K swap in there; and that's what happened. I have been hooked ever since. :silly:

a little timeline..

The original swap consisted of a 02 type s complete changeover. Sometime end of 07, hit the oil pan hard on a bump, spun a bearing and that was that. I decided to change things up a little bit on the next setup and went with Darton mid sleeved k20 with 88 bore, stock stroke, 12.5 cps, etc. with a toda head package. This motor is a champ, and the setup put out about 250/185. I drove to IA and back with it in 2009 and 2010. :up::up::dance:

Now, on to the good stuff!!! :cool:

This is my one of a kind full IPS build. I have been gathering parts for this build for a while and everything seems to be coming together and should be completed sometime this year.

The setup is pretty basic and consists of the following..

IPS Spec JE 14.1 cr 87.5mm Pistons

IPS Spec Cunningham Titanium Rods

IPS Spec 99mm RDX Crank with widened journals ERL modified

ERL Superdeck K24 Sleeved/assembled

IPS KXV Camshafts

IPS Spec KXV Cylinder Head By MCPerformance with SuperTech valves, valvesprings, retainers

IPS Intake Manifold

Custom 321 SS header designed by Casey Heerman (Ekasey) / welded by DTR

2013 Update: Life happened and got sidetracked for a bit, but I'm back. K21 finally let go, so it was time to get the IPS motor going. It's finally in, and now I am truly on the last leg of this build - I think. Fast forward to 2013 summer and you'll find detailed pics of the build and how the car sits right now. I'll try to get an index together to make it easier to find things when I have some time.

..dedicated to the one and only Adam WEST!!! :heart:

Thanks for looking!! :up::up:

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
Re: Blazed's 2010 Build IPS/VOLKS/Mugen/BYS/Feels/KEY!S/Spoon/Function7/Karcepts/West

BADDASS BLAZED...

1st!

and yeah this is gonna be sick .

edit: deleting mine now...

·
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
9,691 Posts
Re: Blazed's 2010 Build IPS/VOLKS/Mugen/BYS/Feels/KEY!S/Spoon/Function7/Karcepts/West

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

so this is whats been up your sleeve

so, it wount be done for IA...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,764 Posts

3rd BITCHES

1st page.... In for epikness

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

And this is exactly why we all bow to you.. :worship:
:silly:
It will be a hell of a motor when it's done man... :up:

·
Premium Member
15,764 Posts

this place is moving quick...

·
Registered
930 Posts

On the band wagon as well... Look hella good already. :up:

·
I don't know
2,932 Posts

Rice Rice baby!!!

·
trial user
12,673 Posts

Even your Coupe is on hippie love weed, such a baller!! That is going to be a rev-master motor!! Be sure to take the time to have the header (Nice!!) coated. Glad to see I'm not the only one to employ window winders. You'll be rollin' up on the ladies with that ride!!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

wow, very nice build, so when your done with it do you plan on running e85 or race gas?

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts

I don't think that header is gonna do it. You should sell it to me.... Seriously, I'll take it off you hands. :silly:

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Haven't decided on what type of gas as of yet but it will be one of those.

It should be done by IA but driving a race gas fed motor 18 hours one way is not something I plan on doing.

As for what kind of power it'll make, guess u'll just have to wait and see. :dude:

1 - 20 of 3238 Posts