Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a 98 ek and i was woundering the best way to run the shifter cables on my car. i read the post on the eg but i've seen people cutting out the shifter housing and running the cables like a h22a swap? under the car. also will my stock console with shifter boot work?

my goal^^^^^^ :lol:

·
Registered
797 Posts
theres been topics like this before, come on your from HT :wink: search for topics by katman and you will see. if you pull your center console and cup holder area there is a bracket with the firewall exposed. drill a hole big enough for the cables. katman explains it thourghly. also for ek's yes the stock shifter cover will work, but the shifter will be high :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
k20spooner said:
theres been topics like this before, come on your from HT :wink: search for topics by katman and you will see. if you pull your center console and cup holder area there is a bracket with the firewall exposed. drill a hole big enough for the cables. katman explains it thourghly. also for ek's yes the stock shifter cover will work, but the shifter will be high :D
i love you you make it sounds soo easy.. its a different box setup in the ek, its pretty hard to remove it because you dont have alot of room to grind the welds off.. and you cant just drill through it :lol: the srs mount box does not line up straight with the single layer of firewall, so the box has to be removed to do it right.

it took me awhile and i got it just fine, the only thing is that once you mount the shifter box where it should be, the cables still have a big curve to them in the bay.. theyre just pretty long..

heres a pic of my setup after i re-routed the cables from being under the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.