Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best way to find an oil leak..?

I know its not coming from the drain plug washer already, doesnt really look like its coming from the pan either..

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
do u have a guess of where its coming from? if so spray entire motor down with engine cleaner then let dry, start it up and look for it.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
oil leaks are not that hard to find on k series.

most likely somewhere around timing chain cover or something..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oil leaks are not that hard to find on k series.

most likely somewhere around timing chain cover or something..
its coming from the right side of the motor, timing chain meets block and pan....

if its the pan no biggie. if its the chain cover..oh boy

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Usually oil leaks are pretty visible. I know at work i use an oil leak dye when i have a real problem leak or its leaking alot and its hard to see where its coming from because oil is all over the place. You could probably get the dye at your local auto parts store. Pour the dye in, let it run for some time then inspect with a black light.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Usually oil leaks are pretty visible. I know at work i use an oil leak dye when i have a real problem leak or its leaking alot and its hard to see where its coming from because oil is all over the place. You could probably get the dye at your local auto parts store. Pour the dye in, let it run for some time then inspect with a black light.
This method works wonders if you have a dirty motor.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
find it yet? we arent going to find it for u lol. im guessing timing chain cover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts