Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you may be familiar with the recent posts that I have made, about the differences between the EK and DC2; I have another theory that I wanted to share with you all...

I'm going all motor and am in the process of building a motor for just that. I have both an Integra GSR and Civic hX and am debating what car to go all motor with. Now, I know it's a no brainer to go with the lighter car, but just curious if...

Please correct me if I'm wrong: When going ALL MOTOR, is it worth the extra money you spend for hp to satisfy the weight of the DC2? ie...having the 200-300lbs difference between the DC2 and Civic HX, would make the ratio of the money you spend to gain all that hp compared to going fast, worthless? - Weight mainly affects launches and plays a lesser roll the faster you go. For example, once your are rolling say at hwy speeds, weight has less of an affect than as if you were at a dead stop???

Thanks for the help guys....later

·
Registered
599 Posts
Here's the best choice. Use the EK CX and put an EG crossmember, lower control arms and steering rack in the car. Don't worry, it will bolt right in with no modifications. Then take the Hasport EK kit and bolt the rear bracket on the new EG rear crossmember with about 1/4 inch spacers underneath. Then modify the right-hand and left-hand brackets to fit the new engine placement. You can modify the brackets or chop them up and weld them directly to the frame. This would be the best choice for an allmotor DRAG setup with the two choices you have.

brian g

1 - 2 of 2 Posts