Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm about to start a new k24 project, and am in the process of getting an engine, wanting a k24a2 or k24a3, I live in the midlands, England.
Has anyone got any recommendations of the best place to get a decent long block? whether this is a specific person or company?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance George

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I could do that, but not sure how straightforward that would be to buy one in japan then get it imported?

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
1,323 Posts
yeah, I could do that, but not sure how straightforward that would be to buy one in japan then get it imported?
there are many dealers there. Have you sourced any local dealer near you? If I was in England I would piss off the K24, and jump all over K20a Type R engines (PRC, RRC versions, Euro R K20), that is what most stateside members want. Yeah the K24 has TQ, it was designed as a touring engine, not a racing engine that can stand abuse from endurance racing right out of the box... think about that mate

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welcome to the forum. why not order one from Japan or a jdm dealer.
hi, that's what I'm trying to do but only options are eBay dealers, which don't have much reputation, and yeah iv put alot of thought into what engine and k24 fits what i want to do more, bit easier to get power of NA which is what I'm wanting

·
Registered
1993 EG Hatch
46 Posts
I assume the UK has auto dismantlers/yards. The K24a3 came in the 2003-2007 Euro Accord, correct?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Buy an accord. You can pick a while car up for like 700 quid if you're lucky. Take the engine out sell the rest on eBay and Facebook . Way to go . Otherwise a K24 on its own is 500+

·
Registered
319 Posts
there are many dealers there. Have you sourced any local dealer near you? If I was in England I would piss off the K24, and jump all over K20a Type R engines (PRC, RRC versions, Euro R K20), that is what most stateside members want. Yeah the K24 has TQ, it was designed as a touring engine, not a racing engine that can stand abuse from endurance racing right out of the box... think about that mate
K20's are so common here everyone is moving to K24's . Only thing is everyone seems to think you can smash them to 9k stock 🙄.

I really miss my K20a, even in stock form with full exhaust it was real good fun, takes a while to wind them up but once they're singing they're great.
I've got a Tuned K24 with bolt ons now and it's good but it's not the same.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,181 Posts
I've got a Tuned K24 with bolt ons now and it's good but it's not the same.
Therefore I've installed intentionally a K20 in my Lotus. The only engine concept on NA which makes reeaaallyyyy fun is revving it. My DAMPFHAMMER has around 300 hp at flywheel and 200 ftlb of torque at flywheel. Running like a modified K24, but revvs till 9500 rpm. Nothing makes more fun...

Was made during the street tuning process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts