Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,673 Posts
neb11ihtut said:
id say yes for a thousand bucks plus you can get them revalved and all that good stuff if need be
Why not just get the Koni yellows and have them revalved for the specific spring length/rates you are looking for? I would contact Suprfast and see if he can get this done on the sets he sells...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,673 Posts
I found this over on the Nasioc boards lol, good stuff there.
(1kg/mm)*(25.4mm/1in)*(2.2lb/1kg) => 1 kg/mm = 55.88 lb/in
5k = 279 lb/in
6k = 335 lb/in
7k = 391 lb/in
8k = 447 lb/in
9k = 503 lb/in
10k = 559 lb/in
11k = 615 lb/in
12k = 671 lb/in
13k = 726 lb/in
14k = 782 lb/in
I :heart: google:dance:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
signalpuke said:
I found this over on the Nasioc boards lol, good stuff there.
(1kg/mm)*(25.4mm/1in)*(2.2lb/1kg) => 1 kg/mm = 55.88 lb/in
5k = 279 lb/in
6k = 335 lb/in
7k = 391 lb/in
8k = 447 lb/in
9k = 503 lb/in
10k = 559 lb/in
11k = 615 lb/in
12k = 671 lb/in
13k = 726 lb/in
14k = 782 lb/in
I :heart: google:dance:
What Spring rates F/R would you recommend for a nice Daily Driver w/ Excellent Handling - no Track use just Street Performance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
780 Posts
I love my Buddy Club racing spec dampers. I've run Tein as well and they were good but I had the SS which were more of a street damper.

I got custom spring rates and valving on mine(even though I heard Buddy Clubs are valved off the shelf to handle 1000lbs spring rates). I ended up going with 10k front and 12k rear. I do run Ontario Solo Sprints(Time Attack) and am incredibly happy with these.

My Sponser is one of the Canadian distributors for Buddy Club so it was an easy decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,468 Posts
signalpuke said:
I found this over on the Nasioc boards lol, good stuff there.
(1kg/mm)*(25.4mm/1in)*(2.2lb/1kg) => 1 kg/mm = 55.88 lb/in
5k = 279 lb/in
6k = 335 lb/in
7k = 391 lb/in
8k = 447 lb/in
9k = 503 lb/in
10k = 559 lb/in
11k = 615 lb/in
12k = 671 lb/in
13k = 726 lb/in
14k = 782 lb/in
I :heart: google:dance:
great info..i was looking to find oout what the aspring rates i requested in my gc woudl translate to in K format lol :up:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,468 Posts
guu-sama said:
What Spring rates F/R would you recommend for a nice Daily Driver w/ Excellent Handling - no Track use just Street Performance
ur spring rates can be stiff and still retain comfort only if u keep ur car at a nice height..

if u like to ride dumped even off the shelf rates will make ur kidneys hurt :D

i woudl go with 6/7k max for daily driver :up:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
signalpuke said:
Why not just get the Koni yellows and have them revalved for the specific spring length/rates you are looking for? I would contact Suprfast and see if he can get this done on the sets he sells...

because then youd be able to say you have ohlins...haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,468 Posts
signalpuke said:
Why not just get the Koni yellows and have them revalved for the specific spring length/rates you are looking for? I would contact Suprfast and see if he can get this done on the sets he sells...
i believe off the shelf koni sports are supposed to handle upto 9k/500lbs as is...if ur goign higher then u should specify..

^^lol @ so u can say u have ohlins...honestly if i had the funds i would def. look into them..heard a lot of good things about them...but they say koni/gc outperforms all other brands selling at twice its price...so basically it ourperforms $1500-2k suspensions..now imagine if u put in a little more money into the konis :wow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Blazed said:
ur spring rates can be stiff and still retain comfort only if u keep ur car at a nice height..

if u like to ride dumped even off the shelf rates will make ur kidneys hurt :D

i woudl go with 6/7k max for daily driver :up:
My car will be kept at stock height or dropped a max of 1"-1.5" - we still have speed bumps and parking stops where I live...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,673 Posts
guu-sama said:
What Spring rates F/R would you recommend for a nice Daily Driver w/ Excellent Handling - no Track use just Street Performance
There is a lot to look at, is your suspension preloaded? How much travel will you have before the shock bottoms out/stops? How much weight at each corner? Types of road?....do you know what the stock rates were? Think of that as a baseline, know the suspension travel and spring rate of the OEM stuff and go from there. The best thing you can do is ride in as many different set-ups you can and feel what you like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
signalpuke said:
There is a lot to look at, is your suspension preloaded? How much travel will you have before the shock bottoms out/stops? How much weight at each corner? Types of road?....do you know what the stock rates were? Think of that as a baseline, know the suspension travel and spring rate of the OEM stuff and go from there. The best thing you can do is ride in as many different set-ups you can and feel what you like.
The stock rates I am currently use to are

Springs rate (Front/Rear) 2.8 ~ 4.6 / 3.0 ~ 8.0kgf/mm
As listed from http://www.itr-dc5.co.uk/spec/index.php

So, I was thinking maybe 8k/10k F/R? What do you think?
 
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top