Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i know are a lot of posts about cams, but i want my build with oem cams, my engine k20a2 stock internals, rbc itm, thermals gaskets, spacer, oem tb, shorty headers ( i want to install race headers) Kpro, and is a daily use ep3.

i want to upgrade the cams but i cant found real measurements of the lobes.

so i need the knowledge from all of you experts:

k20z1 are the same as k20a=ItR?
k20z3 are better than k20a2?
k24a2 06-08 are better than k20a?

i would prefer z1 cams what do you think? or use intake cam from one model and the exhaust from other.

my compression rate is about 200psi so ill wait for your comments.

thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi guys,

i know are a lot of posts about cams, but i want my build with oem cams, my engine k20a2 stock internals, rbc itm, thermals gaskets, spacer, oem tb, shorty headers ( i want to install race headers) Kpro, and is a daily use ep3.

i want to upgrade the cams but i cant found real measurements of the lobes.

so i need the knowledge from all of you experts:

k20z1 are the same as k20a=ItR?
k20z3 are better than k20a2?
k24a2 06-08 are better than k20a?

i would prefer z1 cams what do you think? or use intake cam from one model and the exhaust from other.

my compression rate is about 200psi so ill wait for your comments.

thanks!

i tried to go same mod as u and did lots of research,
k20z1= itr , very confusing! some say its same but some say no!
k20z3 only intake cam is lil more aggressive than k20a2, but share the same exhaust cam as k20a2
k24a2 06-08 , they say this is the most aggressive. not sure about 09 tsx, there is a thread that talks about making this fit to k20a2.
and only the intake cam is different on 06-08, 02-05 k24a2 and 06-08 k24a2 have same exhaust cam.
at the end i decided to save lil more $$ went with drag cartel DIC, and i love it!!!!!!!!! sooo much mid and high!!! and car idles like oem!!!

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
you will want ITR/z1/TSX intake cam & ITR/z1 exhaust. the tsx exh cam has too much duration for a 86mm stroke 2.0L imo

I would not suggest the 09+ as the dimensions of those cams changed - some people have got them working but may not know long term reliability consequences

·
Registered
16 Posts
has anybody tried mixing the cams say a tsx intake and a z1 exhaust with any success seems like they would be pretty cheap to secure these days

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did
k20z3 only intake cam is lil more aggressive than k20a2, but share the same exhaust cam as k20a2
k24a2 06-08 , they say this is the most aggressive. not sure about 09 tsx, there is a thread that talks about making this fit to k20a2.
and only the intake cam is different on 06-08, 02-05 k24a2 and 06-08 k24a2 have same exhaust cam.
at the end i decided to save lil more $$ went with drag cartel DIC, and i love it!!!!!!!!! sooo much mid and high!!! and car idles like oem!!!
[/QUOTE
When u went with drag cartell drop in cams u changed ur valvetrain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts