Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 91 crx si that im starting to build soon for my gf now here my thing i dont want to cut my hood at all and i want to run itb's on a k24/k20 motor that i have who has the best mounts that will clear the hood with out a big hole in it

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
None

·
Sup homies
11,549 Posts
true that theres no mounts and the k24 sits higher than a k20 even the sir hood wont fit with a k24 you can either cut it or custom make a hood

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shit look like im putting in a k20a2 i want to keep the stock body look

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
shit look like im putting in a k20a2 i want to keep the stock body look
No set of ITBs will fit without cutting your hood. Even the angled Haywards with the rail under the ITBs do not fit, it is close but they dont fit. It is possible to modify a set of ITBs to fit but the horns would be right up against the hood, making the whole thing pointless, not to mention that shortening them would have a huge effect on the power curve. If you cut the hood you need some kind of filter or airbox which makes the whole thing stick out further.you do realize that a K24 block will not fit under any OEM or Aftermarket hood except maybe the J's hood which is $1200 and a 3-6 month wait...Why do you say KPro sucks for?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
If you still looking for itb's you may consider these that I have for sale.

ITB's Picture Album

And a set of crx HaSport mounts

Ill make you a deal if you buy both.

Stefan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts