Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have no idea what kind of pads to buy would like to get some ideas.

Thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
i just recently got some Brembo Sport pads, love them, a lil squeaky and a bit dusty but its worth the stopping power

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
hawk hp+ very squeaky but it stops.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
i have used green stuff before and i like it.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just recently got some Brembo Sport pads, love them, a lil squeaky and a bit dusty but its worth the stopping power
Green stuff for me. Works good - reliable stopping power. :up:

Been using them for years. Have them on both vehicles right now.
i have used green stuff before and i like it.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like the Hawk HPS for my street car. Really the brake pads you select are based on the characteristics of your car. Weight, HP, driving style, etc... should all be considered.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I found what worked best for me was running street pads while on the street and running HIGH temp track pads while on the track. Normally on the lighter FWD cars you can run street pads out back and just make sure you run high temp pads up front. I have ran this set up on my RSX out on the track more than a few times and had great results.

-Robby

·
Registered
299 Posts
i ran hawk hp plus in the front and stock in the rear. it was a track car and the car it self was lighter than than stock. but braking was very well.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
I am running stock gsr pads with brembo rotors and the grip is pretty dam good. a little to notchy sometimes :up:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the Hawk HPS for my street car. Really the brake pads you select are based on the characteristics of your car. Weight, HP, driving style, etc... should all be considered.
I found what worked best for me was running street pads while on the street and running HIGH temp track pads while on the track. Normally on the lighter FWD cars you can run street pads out back and just make sure you run high temp pads up front. I have ran this set up on my RSX out on the track more than a few times and had great results.

-Robby
i ran hawk hp plus in the front and stock in the rear. it was a track car and the car it self was lighter than than stock. but braking was very well.
I am running stock gsr pads with brembo rotors and the grip is pretty dam good. a little to notchy sometimes :up:

Thanks Everyone for the input

·
Banned
509 Posts
What kind of driving do you do mostly? As some may have mentioned here Hawk HP's with Brembo blanks, stainless lines and some quality high temp fluid will have a night and day performance difference.

If you PM me I can get you a quote on some rotors made by the company that makes Brembo OE rotors for A LOT less.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I recently began using 11" front brakes, SS lines, OEM rotors, Cobalt Friction GT Sports pads (94 civic hb). I don't drive it on the street too much but using them for autox was amazing. The bite was tremendous but does seem like it will eat rotors quickly if used just for autox. Never felt an "oem" setup stop so good.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
i've been considering carbotech bobcats, looks like I'll try these after my hawk hps's are worn out

Any recommendations for track, time attacks and autox
No pad that will do autox and track well at the same time. Don't build up enough heat in autox to get a good race pad hot enough to work properly. I've been happy with Carbotech XP10 on track. Something like a Carbotech AX6 would be a better fit for auto-x.

www.ctbrakes.com

·
Registered
184 Posts
No pad that will do autox and track well at the same time. Don't build up enough heat in autox to get a good race pad hot enough to work properly. I've been happy with Carbotech XP10 on track. Something like a Carbotech AX6 would be a better fit for auto-x.

www.ctbrakes.com
I slightly disagree with you. According to Cobalt Friction, GT Sports can do both. I know you said they cant do both WELL but these pads can hold up.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
gt sports will work to start track events, but you can quickly outgrow them. One of the things that I like about carbotech is that you can swap pads on the same set of rotors. bobcat for street, xp10 for track. Not as good as having dedicated track rotors, but much easier than swapping rotors/pads at the track.

unfortunately you cant swap compounds with cobalts/hawks/etc. Also IIRC, isn't the dust from the cobalts corrossive and will etch your wheels?

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
gt sports will work to start track events, but you can quickly outgrow them. One of the things that I like about carbotech is that you can swap pads on the same set of rotors. bobcat for street, xp10 for track. Not as good as having dedicated track rotors, but much easier than swapping rotors/pads at the track.

unfortunately you cant swap compounds with cobalts/hawks/etc. Also IIRC, isn't the dust from the cobalts corrossive and will etch your wheels?
Good stuff, did not know that. I would think that the pads would last longer than the rotors though.

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,373 Posts
the carbotech sounds very good kommon. i gotta try them out with my next brake service. switchin between track and street using the same rotor has me sold to try them. curious if they dust alot or not?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts