Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta rsx type s comin my way and i gotta motor 2 rebuild.. personal opinions on all motor Vs forced induction? cost- pros and cons

frankenstein build or supercharged?

keep in mind threw a rod and no longer runs. . :down:

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
search. sorry to sound like an a$$ but theres soo many threads already. and wut info you need to give first and for most is not given.

·
Premium Member
26,614 Posts
Just my personal opinion, but I dont think 300-350 N/A in any swappped Honda should be anyone's DD.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think that 300+ can be had on a daily driveable setup. My build is only using 12:1 compression (which is very daily driveable) and I should be reaching 330+ mark on churchs. So I think you could achieve it with daily driven in mind.

I think most of the guys are talking that 300+ may not be ideal for the steet when it comes to traction. What's the point in having the power if you can't use it.

What you need to do is research. I talked to many builders plus looked here TONS to find a way to make my build have useable power where I wanted it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got 5 to 7 gs to work with and a motor that stoped running kuz she was runnin it on a thrown rod shit died... i want a k20 that will last a few yrs but take a beatin n do sum serious ass haulin

·
Registered
123 Posts
For what it's worth, na 300-350 is goig to be hella expensive. And to make sure it is reliable you need to spend extra money on coatings, etc.

In this case, I think 350 on a super charged setup or turbo would be much cheaper and reliable. You won't need much boost at all to achieve that goal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.