Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,964 Posts
[/IMG]

anything is possible with extended wheel studs.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I think this will have more to do with how your fenders are rolled/ modified.. They are also TONS stronger( not that our size cars will make them any difference) and less prone to shear. This obviously happens more if your wheels are not torqued to spec. That was how I sheared off a stud...:down:

They look super bad azz too...:cool:

·
Registered
39,468 Posts
The real purpose of extended studs is so u can run rims with spacers and still have enough stud to be caught by ur lug nut. Drag racers have extended studs as they're required by most tracks if u r running lensos/bogarts/welds. I think with welds u'll actually have to have extended studs to fit them due to their backspacing. Of course people do it for show also. :up:

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
The real purpose of extended studs is so u can run rims with spacers and still have enough stud to be caught by ur lug nut. Drag racers have extended studs as they're required by most tracks if u r running lensos/bogarts/welds. I think with welds u'll actually have to have extended studs to fit them due to their backspacing. Of course people do it for show also. :up:
:up:That's pretty much the only reason to have extended wheel studs, slicks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.