Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been viewing the site for quit some time and finally decided to get my hands dirty. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated as i try to clean prep the car for a K-series swap..The car Is Crazy Dirty but with lil ambition i think its worth it..as for motor of choice im undecided whether k24/20 or just k20a/z.. but here are the pics and and what i have done so far got the EG last week. oh and as u will notice its a JDM EG4
onto the pics and some disappointments.

JDM ZC Motor

Some Cancer

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Day After i got it .. i started stripping and here is where teh disappontments started

Look at that dash :wow::wow::wow: i wish i didnt see that but now that bothers me

:wow::wow::wow: have to take care of that

Welll ill be off weekend going start the cleaning process on the weekend will keep posting pics .. any advice as to start getting the rust out??

i was going use some degrease first and power wash it then steel brush on the rust and start sanding

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Nice progress man. What are you power goals? That depends on whether you should go with a full k20 or a k20/24. I hope you will be redoing the interior as well. Plan to do some nice jdm recaros or anything?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice progress man. What are you power goals? That depends on whether you should go with a full k20 or a k20/24. I hope you will be redoing the interior as well. Plan to do some nice jdm recaros or anything?
Yeah there's a Reacro seat for it ..but from an EVO..will post pics of it

is it real rhd?

yeah its rhd.

ima find apic of the cluster it reads down to 220kmh i think i usually see 180 but in this EG 2something

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im trying find Dry Ice Around my Area.. so that i can take the sound deadening .... any suggestions as what else can be used

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm planning to be in the low 12's... as for interior im not goin crazy would liek to replace the floor carpet the headliner(roof) and door panels.
im off from work friday so ima try cleaning it up

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today 's Update

This Is Who Im Repping
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

My Workers lolol The founders of Precision Engineering
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Yo by seeing Shatta... and sum island slang + the real RHD. Where u at?

Im in The Cayman Islands.

Good clean up :up:

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Ha I got ya. Yea man respect man, it took lot of effort. Im still waiting on my clutch slave, them im good.

Yo, man them rust spots is like a horror movie to me... you prolly goin have take that windshield out to get that rust out. Also, i see your battery 'tray' is rusted out, just take it out completely and re-position the battery to somewhere else. I took my tray out too. thats my 2 one cents.

That bubble hatch is going to run, good luck dread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts