Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hooked one of these up on our ecu's? I hooked my friend's up today on mine and it was working great then after awhile i tried to start my car and it would start and cut out and shut off...so we cut the Bee R out. I have an 05 type-s (K20z1) and on the ecu harness we tapped into:
Terminal 13,14,15,16 on the ECM/PCM Connector A (31P) for the Ignitors [Green From Bee-R]
Terminal 25 on ECM/PCM Connector E (31P) for the RPM read out [Yellow From Bee-R]
and we tapped into the Ignition and Ground also for power.

Did we wire something wrong? Is there a pin that I missed that can lead to all the ignitors for the injectors? So that I dont have to tap into all 4 seperately?

If anyone has hooked it up and got it to run smoothly, which pins did you tap into on the harness? Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem, its not the H2 version.

EDIT 2: From what I'm learning from browsing around is that the Bee-R is actually a universal application if wired correctly. I know theres a couple of RSX's running this, where are you guys?? help me out! :]

·
Registered
749 Posts
I use this. 4-ft flames son! LOL

This is especially nice for Turbo guys. I mean its truly just a rice-thing to me but its soooo cool (I won't deny). Also I think its pretty good for your Engine to have a spark cut rather then a Fuel Cut, you never know what that could cause at HIGH rpms.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahah...yea its pretty coo, i wired mine up last night. i havn't tested it out yet though, didnt want to wake up the neighbors. do you know what the difference is between all the different versions? is it just so that they send you the correct wiring diagram or what?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well one difference in the Wiring Diagram yeah. The other only other one I think is the Section of clipped wires which tell the Device what type of Engine configuration u use (4-cly, 6-cly, etc.).

p.s. I use this along with my K-Pro with no issues. It essentially superseedes the K-Pro/stock ECU rev limit entirely. Also, I didn't bother wiring up the White wire (the e-brake control) because I didn't want it to only work while I was parked :D

It really shines when you have no Cat. converter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it does work with K-Pro?! Coo..haha I was wondering what I would do with it once I bought K-Pro..

The white wire is to set it with the E-brake, basically a launch control system, when the E-brake light is off then it switches back over to the normal rev limiter. The 2nd rev limiter is for the e-brake. So you can use it while your driving or when your stopped and want to launch using the Bee-R. :up:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well true but if you wire it up to the e-brake the rev limiter won't work while normal driving I think. God forbit that :p I mean I mounted mine in my Glovebox and I can disable it anytime by setting the knob down to 0

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, the rev limiter still works wire driving :] I wired mine up, the first knob is the main rev limiter, the 2nd is for when the e-brake is up, third is gain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone hooked one of these up on our ecu's? I hooked my friend's up today on mine and it was working great then after awhile i tried to start my car and it would start and cut out and shut off...so we cut the Bee R out. I have an 05 type-s (K20z1) and on the ecu harness we tapped into:
Terminal 13,14,15,16 on the ECM/PCM Connector A (31P) for the Ignitors [Green From Bee-R]
Terminal 25 on ECM/PCM Connector E (31P) for the RPM read out [Yellow From Bee-R]
and we tapped into the Ignition and Ground also for power.

Did we wire something wrong? Is there a pin that I missed that can lead to all the ignitors for the injectors? So that I dont have to tap into all 4 seperately?

If anyone has hooked it up and got it to run smoothly, which pins did you tap into on the harness? Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem, its not the H2 version.
EDIT 2: From what I'm learning from browsing around is that the Bee-R is actually a universal application if wired correctly. I know theres a couple of RSX's running this, where are you guys?? help me out! :]
Hey bro what pins did you use please help bring trying to find out for a long time please help !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts