Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
16,050 Posts
These are good questions.

If we assume that he is using a piston with pin at the same location as OEM (compression height 1.181) then the RS would be 1.4758

Moving the pin up a little bit, could bring the RS ration to 1.52 or even more... but that is not what is really important in my opinion. To maximize the benefits of the stroker kit, you have to use a piston rod combo that has been optimized for that stroke and bore. I think the Rod width .935" for the bc cranks.. bseries

Why are you asking? Do you want to make your own stroker kit? Or thinking about buying just the crank? Wrist pin diameter, BE width, PE width, the size of bolt, the weight, the shape, the design of the piston, the skirt etc etc.. all matters and will make a difference.

· Banned
16,050 Posts
Yeah, that is cool.

With the extra stroke, every piston is going to see more travel time to TDC and more travel.

My assumption is that they are not raised to keep the stroker kit cost down.

Not sure if you have seen this before, but I posted a picture of 2 99mm stroke pistons.. One is stock off the shelf wiseco 12.5.. the other is IPS spec JE...

That should give you a few ideas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.