Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with a built motor and a pieced together kit what basemap are you guys using? I am wandering for when my motor gets built I want to be able to drive it to the tuner. I figure the rev hard one could be fine as long as I didnt get on it. The large turbo I will be running it would got way lean and then go pow.

Do you guys start going through the rpms and see what A/F you are getting, then afjust from there?

·
Banned
513 Posts
I am using a revhard base with low impedence 550's and fattened it up on the fuel side just to get me to the tuner, 23 days and counting. I will install the resistor pack and the 1000cc injectors at the tuners and see what the engine wants to do? :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well most pros instead of using a base map will go as far as getting their whole car towed to the place where tuning is to be done. Because with a fresh built motor running too lean or too rich even can cause damage. I suggest you read this thread by earl http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878397

Very useful, the guy is a very respected engine builder and what he says is what im going by when i plan to get a full rebuild.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know all about the motor running too lean and all. My buddy built a b series and it still had his 1.6L turbo map on it and it ran a little hot and then he installed his walbro 255 and it made it rich enough to not run hot and get to the tuner. I can haul my car but he couldnt his.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts