Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I found a Type-S K20 motor the only thing is that it comes with a base model RSX tranny. I think it's a 5 speed right? I guess the guy sold and traded his 6-speed Type-S tranny to some guy who gave him the base tranny. My question is would this set up work or would it be a bad combination. I mean how will the motor feel, will it be slow or something? Are there kits available to change the gearing? Or is it possible to buy just a Type-S tranny? and if so from where? The motor and tranny are comming from a friend so its hella cheep so I don't really want to pass it up. Just concernd about the tranny. Any help please.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
The base tranny is 5 spd, which that will hold you back with the type s motor. You need the type s (6spd). It wont be as fun or as agressive. You can buy just a type-s tranny. Look in the for sale forum and websites that you can purchase motors from. By the time you buy gearing and pay for the labor you can buy a tranny together. Like I said, if it's a good deal jump on it man. You will just need to get a tranny. It wont be as enjoyable as it could be with that base tranny.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info man. Glad to hear that it will work. I guess that I can use the base tranny while I find a 6-speed. In any case the K20 with a 5-speed is still a hell of a lot better than the D16Z6 I currently have :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts