Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ball joint reamer tool and custom frt suspension

Any of you know what "degree" the lower ball joint is on the Type S? How about the end of the tie rod ends? Take a look at this tool for example. I am working on some custom front strut housing with steering arms and the cad software is asking for side angles on the hole that I am placing at the end of both arms. I have no idea what these angles are. I know there is a math formula to calculate this, but I suck at math..... plz help if you can. thx

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
i would get an extra part or something loose and measure it. if not im sure some one on here has an extra. What CAD program you using? i go to to college for Computer Drafting and Design. Sounds interesting what your doing. think you can post up some pics of the files when your done?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would get an extra part or something loose and measure it. if not im sure some one on here has an extra. What CAD program you using? i go to to college for Computer Drafting and Design. Sounds interesting what your doing. think you can post up some pics of the files when your done?
Yeah, I've got the extra part thats not a problem. I guess I just need to calculate the degrees then by using a formula. I know the top and bottom diameter, and the height of course.

Currently using a freebie software provided by the machine shop. They only let you do the basics with it, then when u ready to order (and provide your credit card number) they open up some other features for the user such as stress test and stuff. I think this program is part of SolidWorks...

I am hoping to pick up a copy of SolidWorks or Turbo CAD when I have some extra cash. (these retail anywhere from 2-5k :wow:)

Yeah, when I am done I will post something up here. tnx

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

here is the drawing of the steering arm. its not to spec but just rough scatch.tie rod hole at 95 degree.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts