Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
That looks good...but for running the risk of grinding too deep into the metal I think body filler is probably the best option. When I feel my intake after driving it's only kind of hot...not even hot enough to burn me...it's really barely hot at all.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I had the same pitting in my RBB manifold. They probably use leftover material from blocks and heads to sand cast the intake manifolds, so this happens more than you think. I used JB weld and it has been on a daily driven car for 2+ years now. I have used JB weld inside other manifolds I have ported with 7+ years of use, and there has been no issues. Make sure you acetone and alcohol the pits before applying and you are good to go.

I have not tried the JB Quick 5 minute stuff inside a manifold. It doesn't seem as strong to me. I have stuck with the regular. My new favorite AL epoxy is Lab-Metal. It's tougher than JB weld and I used to repair big aluminum castings that see very cold and hot temperature cycles. Good stuff!

You might want to try a rougher sand grit wheel on those runners. It looks too smooth in there.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
As said above, unless someone can provide evidence of measureable gains, it's simply not worth it, especially for something that no one will ever see.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts