Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:down:so i broke the pads of the disc of my cc stage4 clutch about 5 months ago bought a new clutch from clutchnet rated to 380hp and took two months to get here when it should have taken 3 weeks max since i live in australia . once i got it i went to get it installed, mechanics told me that the pressure plate is to big so i looked at it and it was by about 5mm from the mounting holes, i contacted oleg from clutchnet and he said he will send me the right clutch at no extra charge 2 months later still no clutch iv sent him multiple emails and then i reported it to paypal and i got 1 email from oleg saying he will send it in 1 week, 3 weeks later im still with no clutch and iv sent him 5-8 emails with no reply so now im wanting to beat olegs head in . so what im wondering is can i use the pressure plate from my cc stage 4 with the disc of the clutchnet clutch since its the right size ?

and if i can will there be any risks in doin so ?

and if the pressure plate was 5mm to big what tranny would it be suited to ?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Have you tried picking up the phone and actually calling them?

I understand there is a time difference but emails are for people who don't really want to solve problems.

You need to talk to a live human being.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cant call internationaly and if u cant solve anything over email then there is something wrong with u its still communication. if he cared about customer support at all he would call me like dale called me from k20tuned.com

any answers weather i can match up two different clutches ?

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
You have had a bad time with clutches havent you

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more then once.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Thats a shame man I am running the comp stg 4 and I know you had one fail but so far so good about 2k miles on it and 5 runs down the race track its doin well .I am gonna need to upgrade as I am gonna put a bigger turbo on and be puttin down 650+ and have no idea whos clutch to get but it wont be a clutch net from the sound of this thread .

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
i cant call internationaly and if u cant solve anything over email then there is something wrong with u its still communication. if he cared about customer support at all he would call me like dale called me from k20tuned.com

any answers weather i can match up two different clutches ?
You can mix & match, but there's no guarantees on how things will work. Esp if the discs are different thicknesses. A change in the disc thickness will affect the final clamping force of the pressure plate.

Clutch Net's support after the sale was always very good for me. I also had a very good experience with their product. Good luck getting your situation resolved.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
My friend just got a disc for his clutch in his DSM. It only took a little over a week to arrive. Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope they take care of it for you.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im going to buy a clutchmasters stage 4 i think i dont wana replace my clutch again anytime soon so im not goin to mix up my clutches.

iv only heard good things about clutchnet thats y im so confused, i will try and call him somehow this week and see if that makes a difference. i just think waiting 5 months for a clutch is rediculous and there is no reason for it.

vdubkilla keep me posted how good ur clutch holds up man should be interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
im going to buy a clutchmasters stage 4 i think i dont wana replace my clutch again anytime soon so im not goin to mix up my clutches.

iv only heard good things about clutchnet thats y im so confused, i will try and call him somehow this week and see if that makes a difference. i just think waiting 5 months for a clutch is rediculous and there is no reason for it.

vdubkilla keep me posted how good ur clutch holds up man should be interesting.
5 months is way too long. If you call them, it's very likely they will make things right. I had some issues with the first clutch I got from them and they took care of me even though it turned out to be a worn pilot bushing causing the issue and not their clutch. They were really easy to work with, but again, I was dealing with them over the phone (I did email them some pictures to look at to help them determine if they were going to replace the clutch).

Their product is excellent. I have their kevlar disc + upgraded pressure plate and at this point I have close to 100k on it with countless drag passes, autocrosses, etc. It's the first clutch that's lasted that long for me w/o the springs popping out of the hub.

Again, good luck getting your issue resolved. I hope they take care of you b/c their product really is top notch. Manufactured in house, not in china, and with their patented design to keep springs from popping out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts