Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The reason and purpose for creating a Back Order parts list is to have a active and current kept list that informs us of back ordered oem parts. Most oem parts dealers do not update their catalogs as each part becomes listed or reported back ordered. In most cases, one has to place an actual invoice to verify if a certain part is available. Not all parts dealers operate this way, some will be happy to inform a buyer of stock status. Regardless, having an active list here on www.k20a.org is extremely helpful and will serve us well as a community. As someone or anyone who wants to add information they have found out, it will be most helpful to attach a report date, part number, and distinguished if it is either a "Honda" or "Acura" part.

This sticky is being created for the purpose of a community activity for users and members to contribute to help each one of us. One of the most annoying aspects of searching for parts and buying is when they go into "back order status", and the dealer's website lists the part as available or the stock status is not accurate. What typically happens next is a buyer will search with "known" companies that one has ordered from in the past, and of course they list particular part as available. The what happens next is they confirm themselves they do not have more in stock and they themselves have a ETA unknown as well and one will be the first in line to get the part when it comes back in stock. What sucks about this is sometimes refunds can not be issued, and there is nowhere to turn to buy the part any quicker than the oem parts dealer.

I am hoping by creating a list, the users and members here can help each other out by reporting this very topic to the sticky thread, where we can search in a different type of search engine - a community established search engine based on reports that can be verified easily. Please be active with this thread if you can help out. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Since 10/4/2021 many oem parts dealers reported backorders from the following parts. Most oem part dealers are not listing these parts are back ordered until a buyer submits a complete purchase order. From there a (buyer) agreement must be made within 24hrs to either wait for the back order to arrive to the dealer then they will proceed to ship the entire order once the back order part arrives OR the better option of agreement is to cancel only the back order part(s) from the order and ask them to proceed with the rest of the order. Since these back order parts are not always listed, this is the reason I wanted to created this sticky. Please users and members here, post up to this sticky , by listing a part in detail that has been reported on back order with a date. I am hoping by us creating awareness of back ordered parts and discontinued parts, owners of these parts will be quicker to investigate what they have in their hands or in their garages. OEM parts are worth a good amount of money used and new. The popularity of the Kswap is growing at an alarming rate, which is great for the Honda name. It is just taxing on replacement parts, service parts that are 100% needed to keep engines & tranny's running, and personally I believe the USDM market is going to hit a availability wall which will have a ripple effect on the industry. The dealerships, oem parts dealers, and other forms of Honda service establishments will naturally receive their orders to maintain "their machine" of an industry. In a sense, Honda fans and Honda supporters are going to have to come together on some sort of level to keep our ability operate our cars on the usdm playfield.

I find it alarming when prb head gaskets go on back order, oil pumps, cotters, and guides, etc. There is a story being played out right in front of us that is progressing. Without placing orders on a regular basis with different companies or having active updated threads like this, being "in the know" is more challenging. I hope this sticky thread will help out some.

-- Gasket, Cylinder Head - Acura (12251-PRB-A01)
-- Cotter, Valve (Service) - Acura (14781-PRB-A02)
-- Guide, In. Valve (Over Size) - Acura (12204-PNA-305)

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
02-04 dc5 types

10/10/21

#14 Seal, Ring - Acura (46949-S5A-003)
Seal, Ring - Acura (46949-S5A-003)

#6 O-Ring, Chain Case - Acura (91302-PNA-004)

Font Parallel Engineering Drawing Auto part

1 - 3 of 3 Posts