Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's going on k20!!! I haven't been around in awhile but some of you might remember me from my old eg.

Import Alliance summer meet 2009??:

At that time the car was shot for Import Tuner. Pics were great but the car looked like dog shit. Panels misaligned, shit hanging down, barely running and all kinds of bullshit. I literally finished the car/K swap a few days before the 16 hour trip to Nashville from Miami. I was so pissed with how it came out that I redid the whole car and came out with what you see below. It still had it's flaws but I was much more happy with it. These pics are from early mid 2012.

But anyway enough with my past car. I picked up my ef8 from a good friend of mines probably around the beginning of 2012 as well. It was missing all of the interior and most of the jdm parts but it ran. I planned on swapping the k from the eg into it so I sold the B16. Eventually ended up selling the K20 as well so the car just sat for over a year in a storage unit.

Main reason I'm starting this thread is because I moved to Ohio in April and finally went down to florida a few weeks ago to bring the car to my new home.

The trip back to Ohio was pretty horrible. I got to the storage unit and three out of four tires were flat. The tie straps on the hood broke and it flew up and cracked the bronze windshield and the glass top. One of my bronze quarter panel windows just fell out on the highway. I don't know why. It just fell out. The hood was ruined so I ended up just throwing it away. To make matters worse my girlfriend fell asleep while she was driving and almost crashed the truck. If the car wasn't tied down so well it would have fell off the trailer.

So needless to say this is going to be a long long build thread. I'm just so happy to finally be working on it though and to be honest I really missed working on my cars. I got a lot of plans and it'll probably take awhile but wish me luck!!!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, crazy trip back up; at least its in one piece lol. Where about in Ohio you move?
Yeah I survived lol. Cincy area.

No real updates. just got a few small parts. Just in the middle of disassembly and looking for a replacement glasstop. :(
Insane shaft 36mm k series axles:

Since I'm basically putting the car back together before I "mod" it I picked up these rear seats and power folding mirrors locally. I plan to reupholster the seat to match whatever front seats I go with.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This thread is dead!!!! How about a little update

Condition of the car now. Poor crx!!!!:(:(:( I feel so bad letting it sit there like that but I just don't have the time or the money to dedicate to it like I would like to with a Mrs and a step daughter now.

Picked up this K20a2 long block for really really cheap with papers. It ran when the previous owner pulled it but it had really bad rod knock. This was perfect for me because I needed something cheap for when I attempt my first ever engine build.:scared: Plans are a basic rebuild with forged pistons/rods and probably a set of cams but that is a long long long time from now. I don't care if it takes me ten years but this car will boosted one day!!!! Hate all you want but I want my 10 second show car dammit!!!!

Some suspension parts

Doing the "poor mans" five lug swap again. Most people probably won't agree with this method but it worked well for me on my eg plus I'll be able to get the wheels I want.

Random stuff

And my small little Mugen collection. Hopefully I can source a full Mugen body kit for this thing one day but that'll be a little ways away.
16x7 +50 MF10's. Currently at the powdercoaters getting all the curbs and everything worked out with a custom color refinish. Got new Mugen valve stems on the way and trying to put aside a little coin for some tires. I got a bunch of other shit over there getting done as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great start this is going to be a bad ass build. I followed your eg build still one of my favorite builds today.

Subscribed

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This thread has been pretty dead but I figure I'd update it anyway. I've had a lot going on but still not putting anything on the car yet.

A bunch of stuff back from the powdercoater

Ebay special brake rotors and misc crap. I plan on a bbk in the front so these will do

And more Mugen

I finally got my wheels back from the powder coater after two months and I could be anymore happy!!!! The color is supposed to be Volk hyper blue. I think I got pretty close but it's not exact. Most will say Mugen blasphemy but a couple of the wheels were faded and had curb marks so they fit me perfectly considering I wanted a set I could refinish. On to the pics:

Out in the "sun" with the tires, new valves stems and center caps

And matching valve cover with shaved letters.

I need a black Mugen oil cap though

And last but not least my Mugen wheel that I picked up for a steal!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Aww snap. Andre is back to balling. Dude stunts in different time zones. lol. But all BS aside, glad to see you back at it.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
It's been forever since I updated this thread. I'm really going to try to get my butt into gear with this thing. I want to go to wekfest next year and I'm so far away that I'll need a miracle lol!!!! Anyway on to updates.

Drove up to Columbus and picked up a K20a2 transmission for a great deal. Thanks Corey!!!

Downstar transmission dress up kit

Random parts

FIVE LUG COMPLETE!!!!!

And a random pic of my inspiration. This thing is so ridiculous!!!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts