401 - 420 of 447 Posts

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #401 ·
To make light of a bad status here, food for thought..... 🥠🧐🤣

2002 K20a2 valve spring PN# 14765-PRB-A00
Weight = 13.0g
** Yes flat top Retainer. There is a previous thread where member had a question via flat top vs. rib top.
** Please reader post link if you remember - TU!

2006 K20Z1 valve spring PN# 14765-PRB-A01
Weight = 13.6g
** Yes Rib top Retainer. Above

I though the dual spring would be heavier. I am getting ready to measure the dia of the retainers to see what I think is the case. The 06 Z1 retainer is wider for better spring coverage.

06 Z1 retainer
Fixture Wood Door Audio equipment Gas

02 A2 retainer

Door Wood Fixture Audio equipment Gas

Left = 06 Z1 retainer
Right = 02 A2 retainer
Automotive tire Wood Coin Currency Nickel

Household hardware Wood Nickel Adhesive Metal

Left = 02 A2 retainer
Right = 06 Z1 retainer

Clothing Outerwear Wood Grey Headgear

06 K20Z1 valvetrain is out. time to remove the valve seals 🥴🤛🤜🤕
Sleeve Font Auto part Metal Machine

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·
Oh ya. Be prepared for the fumes but in a spray bottle it really gets the aluminum clean. I had a gas leak on the transmission when I first got mine running and where it was the metal is almost perfectly clean lol
I am going to do this playa while I can.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
All of the valve seals and 06 Z1 seats are removed. New 02 valve spring seats in the parts pic. Taking lunch. I need to get on the chassis today and get back on the engine when it is dark.
Wood Engineering Auto part Gas Machine
Font Material property Tints and shades Chemical compound Office supplies

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #408 ·
Hardrace Rear Knuckle Hard Rubber Bushings just came in last night. Combined with the Energy Suspension master bushing set I have every Suspension bushing being replaced. I am debating buying a press or sending to someone that can press them all at one time.
Camera lens Wood Gas Font Cameras & optics
Automotive tire Automotive design Computer keyboard Camera lens Peripheral

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
The head is almost ready to go back on. I have a few more things I want to look at look over, clean sealing surfaces, and clean the block. I am taking off the oil pan and cleaning the oil pan and adding new oem oil pan bolts. I have new transmission housing bolts coming. I did not have enough to buy the transmission hangers and can buy them if I sell a few items. I finally added for sale listings on facebook k20a.org and 8 other Honda for sale sites (social media). I am the only person with a name card with date in my for sale images lol... Too bad I could not afford Drag Cartel DIC's this go around, I wanted too many other things.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,148 Posts
The head is almost ready to go back on. I have a few more things I want to look at look over, clean sealing surfaces, and clean the block. I am taking off the oil pan and cleaning the oil pan and adding new oem oil pan bolts. I have new transmission housing bolts coming. I did not have enough to buy the transmission hangers and can buy them if I sell a few items. I finally added for sale listings on facebook k20a.org and 8 other Honda for sale sites (social media). I am the only person with a name card with date in my for sale images lol... Too bad I could not afford Drag Cartel DIC's this go around, I wanted too many other things.
The curse of always wanting one more thing for the build 😭 I feel it 100% lol. Looks like you are moving along nicely.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #415 ·
The curse of always wanting one more thing for the build 😭 I feel it 100% lol. Looks like you are moving along nicely.
the curse, the fever, it never goes away lol...

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #419 ·
Nice progress here. Are you going to modify the port or port match it to the induction hardware? Did you match the seat of valve and head?
Thank you sir. I already port matched the intake manifold and the cylinder head. It helps having the plenum off of the IM while doing this task. The valves are matched up except for one that had to be replaced due to wear.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #420 ·
Rockers are on. There were three bolts that needed the threads filled some and required anti-seize, no big deal. I do not have time to wait for new bolts and funds are limited. The bolts are kept in order. #5 rocker holder/cam holder gets Hondabond underneath on the far right side by the two 6mm bolts. The taller of the rocker arm/ cam holder bolts - Head Cover Bolt A PN# (90011-PNA-003) are discontinued. The other (14) flange bolts (8X90) PN# 95701-08090-08 are still available. The two that hold the upper timing chain guide head cover bolt B PN # (90012-PNA-003) and flange bolt (8X110) PN# (95701-08110-08) are still available. The last ones are flange bolts (6X20) PN# (95701-06020-08) and flange bolt (6X32) PN# (95701-06032-08).

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle fork Motor vehicle Bicycle frame
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Engineering Auto part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas

401 - 420 of 447 Posts